Meal Suggestions!

Hi Everyone!

I've been diagnosed Autistic in September (21yo) and diagnosed with ARFID today.

I really struggle with eating and find that I eat one food on repeat until I don't like it anymore. Recently I haven't found any new foods/snacks that I like which has become a challenge.

I like crunchy textures and can't stand soggy foods - even toast with butter. I don't like strong repetitive flavours e.g cheesy pasta.

Another thing I struggle with is energy, I'm suffering from burnout so cooking is very limited - the air fryer is my best friend! I can't even stand to cook pasta.

So the challenge for you all is... can you think of something I could try? Good luck (TIA) JoyHeartpulse

Parents
  • Hi 

I like crunchy textures too! What about dry cereal? It feels horrible to me when cereal becomes too soggy from milk.

What about savoury crackers either dry or with your favourite topping on? Ritz crackers are pretty good!

Another suggestion what about toasting wraps in the frying pan so they become crunchy almost like nachos?

I hope these suggestions are helpful!

The Autism Friendly Cookbook may provide you with some more ideas that meet both your ARFID and autistic needs. It includes lots of recipes that are suited to different sensory needs and also each recipe is categorised by how much energy it takes.

The Autism-Friendly Cookbook:

The Autism-Friendly Cookbook https://amzn.eu/d/hGhgW7y

• Hi 

I like crunchy textures too! What about dry cereal? It feels horrible to me when cereal becomes too soggy from milk.

What about savoury crackers either dry or with your favourite topping on? Ritz crackers are pretty good!

Another suggestion what about toasting wraps in the frying pan so they become crunchy almost like nachos?

I hope these suggestions are helpful!

The Autism Friendly Cookbook may provide you with some more ideas that meet both your ARFID and autistic needs. It includes lots of recipes that are suited to different sensory needs and also each recipe is categorised by how much energy it takes.

The Autism-Friendly Cookbook:

The Autism-Friendly Cookbook https://amzn.eu/d/hGhgW7y

Children
No Data