Meal Suggestions!

Hi Everyone!

I've been diagnosed Autistic in September (21yo) and diagnosed with ARFID today.

I really struggle with eating and find that I eat one food on repeat until I don't like it anymore. Recently I haven't found any new foods/snacks that I like which has become a challenge.

I like crunchy textures and can't stand soggy foods - even toast with butter. I don't like strong repetitive flavours e.g cheesy pasta.

Another thing I struggle with is energy, I'm suffering from burnout so cooking is very limited - the air fryer is my best friend! I can't even stand to cook pasta.

So the challenge for you all is... can you think of something I could try? Good luck (TIA) JoyHeartpulse

Parents
  • Peel carrots and crunch on those, they're very nice. Especially with houmous. I've become a big fan of houmous crisps recently, too. Kale crisps, too. And popcorn would be good - make yourself some homemade popcorn. 

If you can, try to get some veggies into your system. You will struggle with energy dips if you stick to just the one food, as tasty as pretzels are. They have almost no nutritional value!

I do wonder how some of my friends haven't got scurvy. All they do is live off cola and McDonald's. 

• Peel carrots and crunch on those, they're very nice. Especially with houmous. I've become a big fan of houmous crisps recently, too. Kale crisps, too. And popcorn would be good - make yourself some homemade popcorn. 

If you can, try to get some veggies into your system. You will struggle with energy dips if you stick to just the one food, as tasty as pretzels are. They have almost no nutritional value!

I do wonder how some of my friends haven't got scurvy. All they do is live off cola and McDonald's. 

Children
No Data