Meal Suggestions!

Hi Everyone!

I've been diagnosed Autistic in September (21yo) and diagnosed with ARFID today.

I really struggle with eating and find that I eat one food on repeat until I don't like it anymore. Recently I haven't found any new foods/snacks that I like which has become a challenge.

I like crunchy textures and can't stand soggy foods - even toast with butter. I don't like strong repetitive flavours e.g cheesy pasta.

Another thing I struggle with is energy, I'm suffering from burnout so cooking is very limited - the air fryer is my best friend! I can't even stand to cook pasta.

So the challenge for you all is... can you think of something I could try? Good luck (TIA) JoyHeartpulse

Parents
  • What about something like crisp breads, just totally flavourless, but crunchy and you could experiment with toppings. Even something like cream cheese doesn’t make it go soggy. You could try it with all sorts of toppings? It’s also very low energy, as takes very little preparation. 

My go to when I feel horrible and tired and overwhelmed is cereal. I have it with milk, but you could have it dry? Eat it like popcorn? Nice and crunchy and massive variety of flavours, and you could mix different ones together so it’s not a repetitive thing.

i also see those graze boxes that people makes up all over tik tok, they basically just fill a large jar with anything they fancy (like nuts, seeds, biscuits, pretzels, dried fruit, chocolate chips etc) and mix it all together so you get a full on selection each time?

I use my air fryer for pitta pizzas. Basically stick on any topping you fancy, bit of cheese and put in the air fryer. It’s a good way of using up anything you fancy, but may be too soggy for you?  

• Ooh prezels would be good. I love pretzels! I only like the mini ones though, the big ones taste burnt too me and are a bit too hard. Minis are the right amount of crunchy

• I would totally agree! 
    the shape really matters too. I once bought straight stick looking pretzels, big no from me! 

Reply Children
No Data