Government want to look at disability bank accounts to see what we are spending on: this is not good for us autistic.

I read that the government are wanting to look into all disability claimants bank accounts to see what we are spending money on and they can then say that oh! you spend the money on a certain item you should not so we are now going to cut your money. 

This is something that they hope to do in time, it has been on the online news. 

This would be terrible for us autistic people because a lot of people do not understand autism and how diverse we all are: 

for example: autistics might buy the following some might not and need other things for their autism: 

Felt tips, paper, pencils art things: they would not understand that this helps us stay calm by being creative and can help stop us going into further meltdowns etc. 

A computer and games: same reason as above

A piano and sheet music: could be a special interest and is needed for the autistic person and help stop meltdowns too. 

Fancy clothes: for me its 1950s style clothes, to express myself and I cant stand to wear certain clothes

Gluten free foods, special travel like a taxi as buses might be too stressful that day

An indoor clothes drier to stop damp 

collections of trains or magazines, comics etc 

Some people who dont understand autistim and will think that oh they are buying what they want not what they need, tut tut, they should not be buying that. 

What about the autistic that goes on the trains all day because they like it is sooths them. and then someone will say well if they ride trains all day let them work on the trains, but that autistic might be able to talk to people one day but then another day might be mute or unable to and could not work. 

yes there are autistics that can work, and those that work long term are ones that got lucky finding their job that is good for them for example they like action figures so work in a forbidden planet. and are okay with people as long as they are talking about the products. but others cannot cope with work at all. 

I feel that the government need to understand autism much more. No two autistic people are alike. 

What about the person who is has to pay for a private dentist because they dont like the building their local NHS dentists are in for example, and need to have the calm of a private dentist that understands . 

Some autistics might have to spend a fortune on a pair of shoes as they cannot wear cheaper ones for what ever reason (the way they feel etc) 

these are not all conditions or needs I have just listing how diverse we all are and why this new plan is not very nice. 

Because it is scary somehow, big brother is watching you type stuff. 

It also puts non-disabled people against disabled people they dont understand, they have never seen an autistic meltdown for example 

Parents
  • Don't EVER stop using cash.

DO NOT ADOPT CBDC's "for the convenience". 

FFS stop using direct debits, and paying "interest" on everything you own! The first takes all control away from you under the guise of helping you manage, and the second is financially speaking like voluntarily submitting to having leeches attached to your financial (metaphorcal) body.

Learn the difference between your annual turnover of money and your net cashflow, and (if you can of course, according to some members and people I meet in real life, some concepts I find obvious and "basic" are too difficult to follow) work out just HOW MUCH of you weekly income directly benefits you and your family.

I think you will all find (as I did) how incredibly unselfish with your money you all are. You literally throw it into the hands of rich strangers at every turn, who in exchange enact rules to further restrict and tax your activities, using those taxes to do what exactly?

Once they get you hooked on digital money, it'll be worth whatever (((they))) say it is on any given day, and your access to it will depend on a dazziling variety of ever changing factors completely outside of YOUR control. And the amount of financial fleas will multiply...

• Excellent points  cash is good, it's in your hands and it can't be taken away, easily... Digital banking and cards can be switched off and emptied in the blink of an eye.

• A lot of people here think I'm wrong or conspiracy minded or perhaps even a bit nuts, so a bit of validation goes a long way...

You might enjoy the following aphorism: "A bank will give you an umbrella when it's sunny, then snatch it away as soon as it starts to rain"...

The most financially sucessful and one of the nicest, most decent folk I know, once told me; "I am honest but in business you have to lie about money..." At the other end of our lives now he has multiple properties having cashed in big on his business which he built and both derives money from and "cares for" his renters. I've tried very hard to break his paradigm and do business sucessfully without any element of concealment or dishonesty and it seems to have put me at such a disadvantage. Compared to my early efforts where I was more, er, money focussed. 

• Bloody good point.

And a lot of the professional advice you receive as a newbie is crap that will ensure you fail hard too owing a lot of strangers the fruits of your labour for the forseeable future. 

And if YOU DO start a sucessful business, it's like growing a plant, it grows, produces fruit or whatever, but will it grow next year?

"ONLY if the conditions remain the same" is of course the answer there, and they bloody well WON'T remain the same as we can all observe.

• Unfortunately those who preach business as the solution to all of life's problems don't tell others just how many businesses fail.  It's a major part of our culture now though and will probably never change.

• Unfortunately those who preach business as the solution to all of life's problems don't tell others just how many businesses fail.  It's a major part of our culture now though and will probably never change.

Children
  • Bloody good point.

And a lot of the professional advice you receive as a newbie is crap that will ensure you fail hard too owing a lot of strangers the fruits of your labour for the forseeable future. 

And if YOU DO start a sucessful business, it's like growing a plant, it grows, produces fruit or whatever, but will it grow next year?

"ONLY if the conditions remain the same" is of course the answer there, and they bloody well WON'T remain the same as we can all observe.