Government want to look at disability bank accounts to see what we are spending on: this is not good for us autistic.

I read that the government are wanting to look into all disability claimants bank accounts to see what we are spending money on and they can then say that oh! you spend the money on a certain item you should not so we are now going to cut your money. 

This is something that they hope to do in time, it has been on the online news. 

This would be terrible for us autistic people because a lot of people do not understand autism and how diverse we all are: 

for example: autistics might buy the following some might not and need other things for their autism: 

Felt tips, paper, pencils art things: they would not understand that this helps us stay calm by being creative and can help stop us going into further meltdowns etc. 

A computer and games: same reason as above

A piano and sheet music: could be a special interest and is needed for the autistic person and help stop meltdowns too. 

Fancy clothes: for me its 1950s style clothes, to express myself and I cant stand to wear certain clothes

Gluten free foods, special travel like a taxi as buses might be too stressful that day

An indoor clothes drier to stop damp 

collections of trains or magazines, comics etc 

Some people who dont understand autistim and will think that oh they are buying what they want not what they need, tut tut, they should not be buying that. 

What about the autistic that goes on the trains all day because they like it is sooths them. and then someone will say well if they ride trains all day let them work on the trains, but that autistic might be able to talk to people one day but then another day might be mute or unable to and could not work. 

yes there are autistics that can work, and those that work long term are ones that got lucky finding their job that is good for them for example they like action figures so work in a forbidden planet. and are okay with people as long as they are talking about the products. but others cannot cope with work at all. 

I feel that the government need to understand autism much more. No two autistic people are alike. 

What about the person who is has to pay for a private dentist because they dont like the building their local NHS dentists are in for example, and need to have the calm of a private dentist that understands . 

Some autistics might have to spend a fortune on a pair of shoes as they cannot wear cheaper ones for what ever reason (the way they feel etc) 

these are not all conditions or needs I have just listing how diverse we all are and why this new plan is not very nice. 

Because it is scary somehow, big brother is watching you type stuff. 

It also puts non-disabled people against disabled people they dont understand, they have never seen an autistic meltdown for example 

Parents Reply
  • In my 21 years living in Labour dominated Manchester councils, I would not put anything past Labour, as they have always wanted to push through these 1984 style dystopian policies for years while also pushing through “one size fits all” for disabled people, refusing to understand anything while insisting and demanding that disabled people comply and “just stop your nonsense and just be like everyone else” 

Children
No Data