Positive’s of your autism

Hi thought i’d start a positive tread.

We often are told or feel like autism is full of negatives and although it can make things more much more difficult or put at as a disadvantage in some situations. I do also believe it can come with great strengths and positives too. 

Feel free to list some of yours, it would be great to read them! 

Mine are… 

1. Amazing sense of direction and navigation 

2. Good with animals 

3. Good in emergencies or instances where you need to think quick and logically 

Parents
  • ASD for me is a kind of "curate's egg" situation: a lot of bad things with just one or two redeeming qualities:

Curate's egg - Wikipedia

I am good with computers and electrical systems. Too bad that I know NT that are as good as me, and they do not have any of my social difficulties. I really got the short end of the stick.

• Too bad that I know NT that are as good as me, and they do not have any of my social difficulties.

That is the thing im most worried about when I enter the workforce. People want efficiency and anything I can do, some NT could do better or faster. I may have the awnser faster but it takes me longer to expain. And I have troube knowing what to do unless someone tells me to do it, so like if I was at a fastfood place and something spilled, obviously you would clean it up, but for me id just stand there until someone told me to clean it, no way someone would hire or keep me like that

• Not so, dear FrozenHeart.  Do not fret.  There are many types of employers who are delighted to only employ people who will do exactly what they are specifically and precisely asked to do....and no more than that.  Predictability is a very valuable commodity in the workplace, in my experience.  Don't worry.

• :) ill try not to worry

Are there any good jobs for someone who doesnt like to talk, like at all? And I like to know exactly what I need to be doing at every moment, but not too strict that it causes anxiety. I dont like things that require creative input because even though I am creative, my brain cant seem to share it, I can only be creative on my own terms. I dont like tedious work or else I cant focus and I get super uncomphortable but I can do certain things that would be tedious to others but I hyperfocus on it and could do it for hours (like writing lists. unless im using a pencil and not a pen cause I push too hard with pencils then my hand hurts after only 2 seconds)

• :) ill try not to worry

Are there any good jobs for someone who doesnt like to talk, like at all? And I like to know exactly what I need to be doing at every moment, but not too strict that it causes anxiety. I dont like things that require creative input because even though I am creative, my brain cant seem to share it, I can only be creative on my own terms. I dont like tedious work or else I cant focus and I get super uncomphortable but I can do certain things that would be tedious to others but I hyperfocus on it and could do it for hours (like writing lists. unless im using a pencil and not a pen cause I push too hard with pencils then my hand hurts after only 2 seconds)

Children
No Data