Positive’s of your autism

Hi thought i’d start a positive tread.

We often are told or feel like autism is full of negatives and although it can make things more much more difficult or put at as a disadvantage in some situations. I do also believe it can come with great strengths and positives too. 

Feel free to list some of yours, it would be great to read them! 

Mine are… 

1. Amazing sense of direction and navigation 

2. Good with animals 

3. Good in emergencies or instances where you need to think quick and logically 

Parents
  • great thread! The ones that come to mind right away are

very good lateral thinking

very logical

very aware of micro expressions and gestures, I think this one is from learning to be very highly masked from a really young age, I don't always know what the expressions and gestures mean but I notice them so I'm really good at spotting someone who is lying or trying to deceive for example

good at teaching people things because I over explain everything and put it in as many different learning styles as I can lol! I'm also extremely patient when teaching anyone anything

puzzle solving

• great thread! The ones that come to mind right away are

very good lateral thinking

very logical

very aware of micro expressions and gestures, I think this one is from learning to be very highly masked from a really young age, I don't always know what the expressions and gestures mean but I notice them so I'm really good at spotting someone who is lying or trying to deceive for example

good at teaching people things because I over explain everything and put it in as many different learning styles as I can lol! I'm also extremely patient when teaching anyone anything

puzzle solving

Children
No Data