Book Recommendation - We’re All Neurodiverse

Hi fellow neurokin! I just thought I would bring your attention to a brilliant book called We’re All Neurodiverse. I have recently finished it and it is absolutely brilliant! 

The book is by a multiply neurodivergent advocate and international speaker called Sonny Jane Wise - @livedexperienceeducator on social media. It covers everything from the Neurodiversity Paradigm and Movement to the complexity of intersectionality, other rights movements throughout history and neuro normative culture and its links to capitalism.

We’re All Neurodiverse:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Were-All-Neurodiverse-Neurodiversity-Affirming-Neuronormativity/dp/1839975784

I hope this book interests you too!

Parents
  • Neat! Ill have to check it out some time

So its called We're all neurodiverse, Is it trying to say that even NTs are ND?

• I hope you enjoy it!

No, the title describes the fact that the whole of humanity is neurodiverse.

I shall explain further…

Neurodiverse - multiple neurotypes including neurotypical (only a group of people can be neurodiverse if that group includes neurotypicals and other neurologies that substantially differ from neurotypical)

For example humanity is neurodiverse because multiple different neurologies are represented.

Another example a workforce could be neurodiverse as there are loads of different kinds of minds including neurotypical.

Neurodivergent - opposite of neurotypical and describes someone whose neurotype diverges from neuro normative standards (autistic, dyslexic, ADHD, bipolar, OCD, Tourette’s, sensory processing differences etc….) Can be used to describe both individuals and a group if all members of that group brains diverge from neuro normative standards.

All of the terminology above is explained in detail in the book but I hope this makes sense?

If not, here is a link that defines the terminology:

https://neuroqueer.com/neurodiversity-terms-and-definitions/

• I hope you enjoy it!

No, the title describes the fact that the whole of humanity is neurodiverse.

I shall explain further…

Neurodiverse - multiple neurotypes including neurotypical (only a group of people can be neurodiverse if that group includes neurotypicals and other neurologies that substantially differ from neurotypical)

For example humanity is neurodiverse because multiple different neurologies are represented.

Another example a workforce could be neurodiverse as there are loads of different kinds of minds including neurotypical.

Neurodivergent - opposite of neurotypical and describes someone whose neurotype diverges from neuro normative standards (autistic, dyslexic, ADHD, bipolar, OCD, Tourette’s, sensory processing differences etc….) Can be used to describe both individuals and a group if all members of that group brains diverge from neuro normative standards.

All of the terminology above is explained in detail in the book but I hope this makes sense?

If not, here is a link that defines the terminology:

https://neuroqueer.com/neurodiversity-terms-and-definitions/

Children
No Data