Shopping at Christmas time - uuurrrggghhhhh!!!

I've just returned from the shops Scream

I try to do all my Christmas shopping presents online or by voucher nowadays.

However, I had to go to buy lunch.

I get a Sainsburys delivery but the food was from S+M today, so needed to be done by hand.

S+M + TK Maxx - not too bad but already too busy a few minutes after opening.

Sainsburys - mad.  Totally mad.

People walking into me, shouting, standing far too close.

It opens at 11am and by 11.05am the large car park was full and people were driving around with no care whatsover.

I had a car at my heels (obviously desperate for a space) as I walked back to my car but I couldn't walk any faster as there were people in front.

Then, when I pulled out the car that wanted my space was sitting where I needed to drive to actually go anywhere.

People driving at 60mph in a 30mph zone.

It's bonkers.  It's still November.

Why do people have no consideration, awareness, manners or spacial awareness at this time of year?

Also, why do people drive so recklessly?

Parents
  • Well done on getting through that hostile experience. It is bonkers that's for sure, November and December are a crazy time and I never go shopping during these months. It's no place for autistic people to be.

I do online shopping, normally Iceland and this works for me. They leave my shopping in my garden shed lol. That way I don't have to go and answer the door Grin 

I hope you're feeling OK after this ordeal.

• I’m really picking up on the Irish sounding user name here Catriona, but having worked 30 years in supermarket retailing at age 53 now and 21 years living in the U.K. I totally agree with what you say - I grew up in Catholic Rural Ireland in the 1970’s and 1980’s and by comparison to now, it was way better back then, even though those times had their problems too, but I really started to notice a change in the 1990’s and this was a (very) gradual process - in particular, the last 23 years of the 21st century has been horrible in many respects and as an older gay man who is also a traditional (pre Vatican II) SSPX Catholic, I really noticed the change after I returned to my faith 18 years ago, despite being born into Vatican II - Christmas is so far removed from what it is supposed to be about, the time of Christ’s Birth and an example of this is how, in many retail outlets, it is almost impossible to find a Christmas Crib (Nativity Scene) and when you do, it is massively overpriced, even online - I was lucky to be able to get mine a few years ago from a Catholic store, but even that was a very difficult process 

• I’m really picking up on the Irish sounding user name here Catriona, but having worked 30 years in supermarket retailing at age 53 now and 21 years living in the U.K. I totally agree with what you say - I grew up in Catholic Rural Ireland in the 1970’s and 1980’s and by comparison to now, it was way better back then, even though those times had their problems too, but I really started to notice a change in the 1990’s and this was a (very) gradual process - in particular, the last 23 years of the 21st century has been horrible in many respects and as an older gay man who is also a traditional (pre Vatican II) SSPX Catholic, I really noticed the change after I returned to my faith 18 years ago, despite being born into Vatican II - Christmas is so far removed from what it is supposed to be about, the time of Christ’s Birth and an example of this is how, in many retail outlets, it is almost impossible to find a Christmas Crib (Nativity Scene) and when you do, it is massively overpriced, even online - I was lucky to be able to get mine a few years ago from a Catholic store, but even that was a very difficult process 

Children
No Data