Shopping at Christmas time - uuurrrggghhhhh!!!

I've just returned from the shops Scream

I try to do all my Christmas shopping presents online or by voucher nowadays.

However, I had to go to buy lunch.

I get a Sainsburys delivery but the food was from S+M today, so needed to be done by hand.

S+M + TK Maxx - not too bad but already too busy a few minutes after opening.

Sainsburys - mad.  Totally mad.

People walking into me, shouting, standing far too close.

It opens at 11am and by 11.05am the large car park was full and people were driving around with no care whatsover.

I had a car at my heels (obviously desperate for a space) as I walked back to my car but I couldn't walk any faster as there were people in front.

Then, when I pulled out the car that wanted my space was sitting where I needed to drive to actually go anywhere.

People driving at 60mph in a 30mph zone.

It's bonkers.  It's still November.

Why do people have no consideration, awareness, manners or spacial awareness at this time of year?

Also, why do people drive so recklessly?

Parents
  • I went into Manchester city centre yesterday and it was nuts. I was on an escalator in the Arndale in a bit of a rush and politely asked a mother if her son could step to the left so I could get by. She just couldn't comprehend the point I was trying to make for some reason. Like it was an alien request.

It's a pain, but it's only one month. Back to normal soon enough.

On the plus side, I got Super Mario Bros Wonder and it's awesome! I'm a happy bunny.

• I used to work in Tesco Manchester Metro in Market St for 17 years, so it’s my idea of hell, especially during Christmas 

• Oh wow, chances are I rushed past you once or twice. I lived in the city centre for 3 years and shopped at that one regularly (raiding the reduced to clear section). I bet it's nuts at Christmas, especially with the German markets just outside.

Reply Children
No Data