Waiting mode and "missed" deliveries *a vent*

I have ordered something online. Something I really want, a special treat for having survived a really long bad period. It's a one off, saved for, and I really had to be encouraged by my counselor to do this one nice thing for myself. 

It was due yesterday 11-12. 6pm the app says "sorry we missed you". I have a meltdown because I'm my head it's my fault, they missed me therefore I can't have been listening properly.  It's rescheduled for today 

Due today 2-3pm. Same thing happens. 

Now rescheduled for Monday. 

I have been in waiting mode for 2 days. It's hard to do anything else at all. Yesterday I didn't eat because I was so eager to get it, restless from waiting, jumping every time the dog barked (and she barks at everything) and then too dysregulated after the failed delivery. 

Today I sat in silence on the sofa waiting. No sleep last night so unable to find things to occupy myself today. Watched the delivery app. I put a sign on the door saying "I am here, make the dog bark and I'll know you're there" . I paced. I paced a lot. 5:45 I'm next on the list. Ping. "We're sorry we missed you" app shows him exiting the village. 

Boom. Meltdown. I don't deserve nice things. This is punishment for wasting money. Horrible thoughts about my failings. Clearly I did something wrong.

Mate came round and dealt with the deliver company but they'll only retry on Monday, and only once more. I can't afford to lose the money I spent on this so that's causing more stress. I swear they have not been here. My dog reacts to anyone outside, the repair man this morning didn't even get to knock and she was going nuts. 

Now I'm stuck in a cycle of waiting. I had planned to use the thing this weekend. Now i have no plan for the weekend, I'm tired, I hurt myself in meltdown, and I'm ashamed that someone else had to sort out the delivery company on my behalf. I'm also stuck on the "why wasn't it delivered" I need answers and I can't seem to let it go 

Parents
  • I've adopted a policy of only buying things online if they can either be delivered to an Amazon locker, or are coming royal mail with no need for a signature. If the company can't explicitly confirm that's the case, I don't buy it. Nothing is worth the stress of chasing around after a courier for several days 

• I've adopted a policy of only buying things online if they can either be delivered to an Amazon locker, or are coming royal mail with no need for a signature. If the company can't explicitly confirm that's the case, I don't buy it. Nothing is worth the stress of chasing around after a courier for several days 

Children
  • If only I could reliably leave the village to collect things. Except for dog walking I rarely leave the house and even more rarely drive somewhere. Amazon and Royal Mail are fine, our postie has done this route for 20 years. All other deliveries are unpredictable. I'm afraid my nearest lockers are 15 miles away. 

Maybe it's someone's idea of how to put shops back on the high street, annoy enough people and they won't buy online anymore?