Assessment call with Psychiatry UK tomorrow

I've got my assessment video call tomorrow morning, I feel sick and so anxious I can't do anything or eat. I need to know as the uncertainty is horrible but equally I don't know how I feel about an answer either way.

Does anyone have any experience they can share of this? Or what to expect? Maybe being more prepared will help.

Parents
  • Yeah, I was bricking it with nerves as well. During the assessment and then waiting for my results. Is it the assessment or the results you're expecting? 

Do you know specifically when the call will be? Maybe go for a 30 minute walk before it starts so you're not racing through your thoughts too much. Listen to some music you like, too, to get into a good mental health space for the call.

You'll find they're professionals so if you're very nervous just tell them. Say you're having some issues, so if you need to stop talking to compose yourself at any point don't be afraid to do that. 

• Yeah, I was bricking it with nerves as well. During the assessment and then waiting for my results. Is it the assessment or the results you're expecting? 

Do you know specifically when the call will be? Maybe go for a 30 minute walk before it starts so you're not racing through your thoughts too much. Listen to some music you like, too, to get into a good mental health space for the call.

You'll find they're professionals so if you're very nervous just tell them. Say you're having some issues, so if you need to stop talking to compose yourself at any point don't be afraid to do that. 

Children
  • It's at 10am, and my husband is doing the call with me because I tend to shutdown and stop talking when I'm anxious. At least if he's there he can encourage me a bit.

I was hoping they'd at least give an initial verdict at the end, I'm not sure I can cope with waiting for a result after.

I've got a bit of a sensory nest in my bedroom, I can stick my headphones on and curl up for a bit I. There before the call.