No...we won't be doing reasonable adjustment

Following a third grievance for failure to provide a reasonable adjustment (necessary information given late, inaccurately, or not at all) my work have said they're just not going to bother anymore.

They've admitted their complete failure to provide a very basic adjustment, of zero cost, and basically said: "What are you going to do about it?"

It's not that they can't provide the reasonable adjustment, it's just not something they want to do. It would set a precedent of actually giving support.

That's alongside a couple of upheld grievances regarding management using discriminatory language about me, plus another upheld grievance for a different failure of reasonable adjustment.

Insulting settlement rejected. ACAS involved. Tribunal likely.

Parents
  • Paperwork done and sent off to the relevant authorities.

It seems daft that it has come to this when all I have asked for is a simple, free, and low effort agreed reasonable adjustment to be respected.

• Best of luck with that. I used to work in employment law and saw all sorts of strange goings on (primarily from businesses refusing to budge an inch).

And have been on the receiving end of discrimination from several employers. I think most of them don't understand much about employee rights.

At least it's better here than in America (although that's a low bar to reach). They're so hard capitalist out there most employees barely have any rights in the slightest. It's not even a legal requirement to offer holiday days.

• Best of luck with that. I used to work in employment law and saw all sorts of strange goings on (primarily from businesses refusing to budge an inch).

And have been on the receiving end of discrimination from several employers. I think most of them don't understand much about employee rights.

At least it's better here than in America (although that's a low bar to reach). They're so hard capitalist out there most employees barely have any rights in the slightest. It's not even a legal requirement to offer holiday days.

Children
No Data