any photographers here need advice?

Hello, I am looking for advice I want to try to do photography as a job perhaps and it is my hobby but I have no idea where to start. I also wanted to ask do you find photography hard when meeting new people and doing weddings? Because I'm not too fond of big crowds and I am worried if I get to a place and it's a big crowd and I can't handle it. 

Do you have any advice or coping strategies when in those situations?

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated!

Parents
  • I would start by visiting a shop that sells cameras like Currys, and hold the cameras and see which one feels more comfortable in your hands. Then you can either get it, or seek one out 2nd hand but be careful where you get 2nd hand gear from. 

Next, go to YouTube and Google and watch and learn as much as you possibly can about how to use the camera and then learn about the manual settings and how they work and how they influence the photos you take. 

And practice, practice practice practice as much as you can do. Do not start doing it professionally until you are up to a professional standard. 

And there are soooo many different areas of photography, you need to find what you are good at photographing and what you're comfortable photographing before you can decide what you will do for a living. You don't necessarily have to do weddings if that isn't your thing. 

• I would start by visiting a shop that sells cameras like Currys, and hold the cameras and see which one feels more comfortable in your hands. Then you can either get it, or seek one out 2nd hand but be careful where you get 2nd hand gear from. 

Next, go to YouTube and Google and watch and learn as much as you possibly can about how to use the camera and then learn about the manual settings and how they work and how they influence the photos you take. 

And practice, practice practice practice as much as you can do. Do not start doing it professionally until you are up to a professional standard. 

And there are soooo many different areas of photography, you need to find what you are good at photographing and what you're comfortable photographing before you can decide what you will do for a living. You don't necessarily have to do weddings if that isn't your thing. 

Children
  • I already own a high-end camera, and having the feeling of gear isn't my main issue, It's not knowing where to start or even how to manage my fear of big crowds in that kind of sense. 

I will be watching more YouTube videos about it and trying to improve my skills and everything around that. i

Thank you for your feedback, it has helped me massively.