Keeping thinking of things I should have said during assessment

I had my assessment 2-3 weeks ago and was told I'm autistic. I don't have my report yet and have been told not to expect it until the new year as they have a backlog of them to write up. Apparently I'll also get a follow up appointment around that time.

I find myself frequently thinking about things I should have said during the assessment. For example, the assessor spent a long time asking if I had any collections and I kept saying no, I can't think of anything, so we moved on. It's literally just dawned on me that for the last 10 or so years I've spent upwards of two hours every day playing a card collecting game online, and that I'd be pretty upset if that collection vanished. But because it's digital rather than physical, and it's a thing I know is "boring" and that I shouldn't talk about, it didn't spring to mind.

I guess I'm worried that my report is going to make me look "less autistic" than I really am. By the halfway point of the assessment, the assessor seemed pretty unconvinced by my autistic experiences, as she kept saying "it doesn't seem like routines are a big thing for you" or "it doesn't sound like you do that to an extreme extent." Needing to stick to routines is a big part of why I don't travel (ever), have close relationships, or have a regular job, but I couldn't seem to get that across, as I was simply answering the questions honestly, and really, no it's not a big deal if I have breakfast 10 minutes earlier one day than another, and no, my special interests don't interfere with things I need to do (because I've structured my life in such a way that I can devote several hours a day to them). Once we got onto talking about social stuff she seemed more convinced, but I think I might still have been heading for a "not autistic" diagnosis until she asked how often I used to have meltdowns before I structured my life to give myself more solitude and I said "oh, every day." She seemed surprised, like she'd assumed everything I was describing were occasional problems, not all-consuming.

I know all I can do is wait for the report, but I just wanted to vent.

I was diagnosed by the NHS in a single 4-hour interview with no tasks to complete, just questions about my experiences.

Parents Reply Children