Christmas

Television seems to be full of Christmas adverts now that Halloween’s out of the way. For some reason they’re making me feel really anxious. 

Are you looking forward to Christmas?

Parents
  • The short answer is no.

Although it will just be me and my adult son, I currently feel like I just cannot be bothered with any of it. However, I am hoping that my mood will start to improve closer to Christmas, as there are some aspects of it that I usually do enjoy.

For example, I get a lot of enjoyment from looking at the collection of Christmas ornaments and pictures I've built up over the years. I also like the fact that I can pig out on food that I love, but normally wouldn't buy the rest of the year.

• Yes that is a good thing at Christmas if the ornaments remind you of good times in the past. I have some like that and that is a good thing. Hoping your collection will help.

• My Christmas ornaments don't hold any sentimental value as such, I just like looking at them. Relaxed

Whilst I appreciate that Christmas can be a sensory Hell for some, it has always been my idea of sensory Heaven. When I have the energy and patience, I really like to go to town with Christmas decorations and illuminations. However, I cannot abide rapidly flashing Christmas lights. The multi-function coloured sets with a gentle slow/fade setting are more my cup of tea.

• My Christmas ornaments don't hold any sentimental value as such, I just like looking at them. Relaxed

Whilst I appreciate that Christmas can be a sensory Hell for some, it has always been my idea of sensory Heaven. When I have the energy and patience, I really like to go to town with Christmas decorations and illuminations. However, I cannot abide rapidly flashing Christmas lights. The multi-function coloured sets with a gentle slow/fade setting are more my cup of tea.

Children
No Data