Christmas

Television seems to be full of Christmas adverts now that Halloween’s out of the way. For some reason they’re making me feel really anxious. 

Are you looking forward to Christmas?

Parents
  • Yeah actually, I do like Xmas, Christmas tree as I explained on another thread I'm going to my inlaws this year, but it's okay because I like them and they know I'm autistic so they don't take it personally if I excuse myself to a quieter room and come back in later.  Also I like visually stimming on all the fairy lights so I really like it.  I like xmas in other ways too, I was abused as a kid but it would never happen on xmas so it's an unspoiled holiday for me. The one day (3 really as it's xmas eve to boxing day) I wouldn't be yelled at so it exists as a pristinely fond memory. One place where PTSD and CPTSD doesn't tarnish the experience. 
    The drive is a pain but I think having people who understand your need to decompress negates that as I'll soon recover with my headphones on and a hot drink.
    Also as I literally just said to someone today I have my own family to enjoy it with now but even during my more isolated years I would play a free to play MMO and talk to the community in-game and doing the festive events. So I've never really been alone on the day either.

• Yeah actually, I do like Xmas, Christmas tree as I explained on another thread I'm going to my inlaws this year, but it's okay because I like them and they know I'm autistic so they don't take it personally if I excuse myself to a quieter room and come back in later.  Also I like visually stimming on all the fairy lights so I really like it.  I like xmas in other ways too, I was abused as a kid but it would never happen on xmas so it's an unspoiled holiday for me. The one day (3 really as it's xmas eve to boxing day) I wouldn't be yelled at so it exists as a pristinely fond memory. One place where PTSD and CPTSD doesn't tarnish the experience. 
    The drive is a pain but I think having people who understand your need to decompress negates that as I'll soon recover with my headphones on and a hot drink.
    Also as I literally just said to someone today I have my own family to enjoy it with now but even during my more isolated years I would play a free to play MMO and talk to the community in-game and doing the festive events. So I've never really been alone on the day either.

Children
No Data