Veggie Sausages and other products.

Recently been cutting back on meat intake, normal autistic trait from young, only really eat processed meat.

Tried some of the new vegetarian sausages today, ‘THIS isn’t pork sausages’, really enjoyed them and the texture is really good. Some brands have been vile. Would be interested to know if anyone else has found some good veggie alternatives on the market. I do cook some vegetarian meals from scratch, interested more in off the shelf for when busy.

Parents
  • I've found that since the trend for 'vegan' products there are fewer veggie products that are just vegetables in breadcrumbs etc which I like best.

So, I go to a restaurant/pub to eat and instead of the usual veggie options that used to be available, there are substitute meat products which I find disgusting.

I hate quorn.

For example, recently I went to a Burger King for the 1st time in years, and they no longer have their lovely bean burgers but a horrid quorney thing which was all soggy and I couldn't eat.

I tend to buy beanburgers and vegetable 'quarter pounders' ie veggies in breadcrumbs in my home shopping.

I don't know of any sausages that aren't made to look and taste like meat and don't have the consistency of wet rubber, so there's nothing available sausage wise for me Disappointed

• Debbie I agree. If I'm eating out I prefer actual vegetables in burger form. I got a monstrosity once at a carvery. I didn't ask for it so it was a bonus that they brought it out....but it was like a flat red slipper on a plate.

• but it was like a flat red slipper on a plate.

Perhaps it was a flat red slipper on a plate.

You never know what might be served these days Boot

• I don't know. It's the Harvester isn't it. Don't trust anywhere that puts sweetcorn in their salad bar!

• We had been seated in a "non salad bar" part of the 'restaurant' which we didn't know was any different. So we went up and helped ourselves.

That's actually funny but irritating if it wasn't made clear.

Why on earth have a 'non salad bar' area anyway?

Reply Children