Fantasy Female Travelling Wilburys.

Been listening to The Travelling Wilburys today, they were 5 male musicians who formed a group, non needed fame or fortune. There wasn’t the normal in-house fighting as none had anything to prove. They were the cream of the crop.

The original group was 5 members, it got me thinking as to a female Willburys,  Who would sit at the top table?

My group would start with….

1. Dusty Springfield, just perfect.
  2. Karen Carpenter. Note perfect and a good drummer.
  3. Cher, definitely gets a seat at the table, also brilliant actor.
  4. Dolly Parton, a brilliant singer and songwriter.
  5. Ella Fitzgerald, just the best.

If a backing group was allowed then

1. K.D Lang.
  2. Alison Krauss
  3. Annie Lennox

I could add many more, what would your female Wilburys be? 
No particular genre, any style of music that would become the ultimate female band of music goddesses. 

Parents
  • I love the Travelling Wilburys Slight smile 

I initially heard Tom Petty and became a fan of his and then couldn't believe he was in another group. I wish they had done more, poor Roy. End of the Line is my favourite song they did.

For my all girl group I think it has to be

1. Bonnie Tyler
    2. Alison Moyet
    3. Juice Newton
    4. Olivia Newton John
    5. Kim Wilde

And if I'm allowed.....

My male group would be

1. David Bowie 
    2. George Michael 
    3. Elvis Presley
    4. Freddie Mercury
    5. Gary Barlow
  • I like your male line-up, personally I would put a young Elton in Gary’s seat.

We have a lovely Irish gentleman who comes into our village pub, one day he got some photos out of him with Elvis, they we’re having dinner and in other photos just together, in his very soft voice he just said that he worked with Elvis in Vegas for quite a while. I was just blown away, to him it was very normal.

• I like your male line-up, personally I would put a young Elton in Gary’s seat.

We have a lovely Irish gentleman who comes into our village pub, one day he got some photos out of him with Elvis, they we’re having dinner and in other photos just together, in his very soft voice he just said that he worked with Elvis in Vegas for quite a while. I was just blown away, to him it was very normal.

Children
  • I like Elton John. Maybe he could be in and Gary is my backup in case someone's ill Sweat smile 

Fascinating! 

Imagine working with someone like Elvis and it's normal every day life.