Good PIP news

Hi all - 

I don't have a lot of people I can share this with IRL so I thought I'd post here. 

I applied for my PIP this summer and got a call earlier this week to say it has been granted. I am OVER the moon. 

Everything I read online says that the process is impossible to navigate, you're always rejected first time - so expect to fight - and even if you aren't rejected, the whole thing takes months/years to work through the system. My experience couldn't have been more different. I made 1 call and was emailed the form - I filled in the form at GREAT LENGTH using a guide on the citizens advice website to help input all the relevant information under the right questions. After this was sent off I had regular texts to say where my form was in the process. Recently I had a call from an outsourced nurse who wanted to clarify 2-3 things with me, which lasted about 30-40 mins. Then I got the call to say I have been awarded PIP and to await a letter with the financial breakdown. It took 10 weeks and 1 day start to finish. 

To say I am astonished doesn't cover it - I was certain I would be rejected as that is what all of the literature online indicates.

This benefit support will be life-changing for me - I hadn't realised how tense and stressed I've been about it until that call came earlier this week.

Finally feel like I can breathe again! 

Parents
  • yeah id expect a rejection of it too considering the online stuff and questions and point system says you need to answer that you cant go to the toilet without assistance or go outside without assistance and stuff... so thats not true then? its different to having to lie to get points like that? different questions easier to score points on without claiming you literally need someone else to do everything for you?

• yeah id expect a rejection of it too considering the online stuff and questions and point system says you need to answer that you cant go to the toilet without assistance or go outside without assistance and stuff... so thats not true then? its different to having to lie to get points like that? different questions easier to score points on without claiming you literally need someone else to do everything for you?

Children