Has anyone experienced corporal punishments in school?

I was talking with somebody who got offended because the school won't allow "stimming" for students. Lol, I remember back then, when nobody took child psychology seriously and the primary school teachers used corporal punishments as teaching tools. I remember some kids, probably on the spectrum, that received so many ruler strikes on their finger that they ended up bleeding all over. More than one had to leave school because "they won't stop fidgeting". The other kids used to bully them horribly afterwards, since the teacher used to vent their frustrations on us after having their way with them. I wonder where they ended up, with little education and loads of untreated mental issues. No wonder so many people of my generation are totally mentally fouled up.

Was that a thing, back then in UK? I wonder if it was only linked to my s***hole country. I was born it the 70's, by the way 

Parents
  • LOL, it's incredible to think how much popular culture and mindset changed in just 30 years. Back then, people did and said things that right now would be inconceivable. Even paedophilia back them was something that was quietly accepted and not talked about. Britain had Jimmy Savile and Cyril Smith, we had similar cases.

• Even paedophilia back them was something that was quietly accepted and not talked about.

I know that where I lived in Scotland there were a number of these peope who suffered mysterious deaths that the police refused to investigate - probably because they were involved with the execution (heard first hand from an uncle in the force who was involved in the process - he is dead now so I don't mind sharing).

It also seems that a lot of people in a position of power will be able to indulge in their extreme tastes for kids because they can control those around them who could tell. I think this was the case for Jimmy and Cyril that you mention.

It still goes on today (see the Epstein Island situation) where powerful men make justice not apply to them.

• Oh yes, that's the nice thing about the Highlands, lots of places to hide a nonces body.
    Now there's a review for TripAdvisor. XD
    And thus concludes my participation in this thread, I thought it was about punishment experiences at school I'm not interested in discussing wrong-uns, makes you sick and puts you off your tea.

Reply Children
No Data