Has anyone experienced corporal punishments in school?

I was talking with somebody who got offended because the school won't allow "stimming" for students. Lol, I remember back then, when nobody took child psychology seriously and the primary school teachers used corporal punishments as teaching tools. I remember some kids, probably on the spectrum, that received so many ruler strikes on their finger that they ended up bleeding all over. More than one had to leave school because "they won't stop fidgeting". The other kids used to bully them horribly afterwards, since the teacher used to vent their frustrations on us after having their way with them. I wonder where they ended up, with little education and loads of untreated mental issues. No wonder so many people of my generation are totally mentally fouled up.

Was that a thing, back then in UK? I wonder if it was only linked to my s***hole country. I was born it the 70's, by the way 

Parents
  • I started school in 1967 ,  I had a delayed language development condition and I was almost totally mute until the age of eight.  I was subject to daily beatings by teachers at my primary school, often twice a day sometimes three punishment beatings in one day.   When people talk about the good old days or them being the best days of your life. I want to cry and scream.

• yes, back then schools had no space or money for SEN classes or teachers, so each class had one child that would have needed assistance. Instead, they got daily beatings and continuous teasing from both teachers and pupils. I was already aware that there was something wrong with me, and I lived in terror to be demoted to "corner kid". So, I was always the first and the most violent when administering the beatings. The only people that were exempted were the Down syndrome guys, they were built like brick s***houses and twice as strong. There was one Down that one in a while got bored and started beating up guys double his size. Down strength is crazy, lol.

• I was already aware that there was something wrong with me, and I lived in terror to be demoted to "corner kid".

I was that "corner kid" for several years during my nursery and infant schools. I never did understand what I was being 'punished' for but I eventually had to learn to suppress my meltdowns and hide my distress Cry

• I was already aware that there was something wrong with me, and I lived in terror to be demoted to "corner kid".

I was that "corner kid" for several years during my nursery and infant schools. I never did understand what I was being 'punished' for but I eventually had to learn to suppress my meltdowns and hide my distress Cry

Children
No Data