Does driving overstimulate you?

Hi all, 

Just wondering about peoples thoughts on this! 

I've been finding that driving can often be a bit overstimulating for me. I overall enjoy it, the freedom it gives me is second to none, plus its a good place to scream at my loudest when I need to because no one can hear on the motorway. But i've found that just sheer volume of visual information is sometimes a bit much. Especially when it comes to the constant things ongoing in the mirrors that I can sometimes get distracted by when i need to focus on what's in front of me. This is especially during the dark, headlights in mirrors etc are so distracting and uncomfortable for me. 

Obviously driving for long times is tiring for anyone, but even my normal commute home (35-45mins) at the end of the day really just takes out what little energy I have left after work. Any one else feel like this? 

Thanks,

Euan.

Parents Reply Children
  • roundabouts are always a pain, because other drivers dont know how to use them and dont know their left to their right.

its simple when you understand you give way to the right, but then you have idiots that stop on smaller roundabouts for people on the left that should be giving way to them instead.

then you have people who have that lack of left and right who instead come straight out instead of giving way to the right and plough right in the side of someone because they didnt give way. this happens alot and is how alot of people on motorbikes get run over, because people in cars just pull out at a roundabout when a bikes coming round and they expect the bike to somehow be able to magically break when its bent over on a corner? ... bikes cant do that.... once your on a corner on a bike your committed and if you break you crash... car drivers dont understand this and then pull out expecting the 2 wheel thing to defy gravity and logic and break when its angled over lol

• I absolutely hate roundabouts. If I'm going to stall at anytime it will always be at a roundabout.. and there will always be someone behind who decides to blast the horn like they think I'm just stalling for fun.

I always make sure I have my stereo on blasting out some great tunes and that helps me stay calm.