Favourite School Subject.

For me it has always been History, it’s just always, ‘ lit my fuse’, I get absorbed into it. Any era or event is just interesting. I had some good teachers at school who made a difference. My maths teacher, was brilliant, but history has always won. What became your lifetime subject and that one teacher who made a difference.

Parents
  • Mine were English and French.

I wanted to study for a French degree but the teacher was awful and only covered half the A level syllabus which I only knew upon opening the exam paper.

That's the nearest I've ever come to fainting (despite being in an RTA).

I couldn't study English at degree level for personal reasons.

that one teacher who made a difference.

Sadly, none.

What became your lifetime subject

I'm unsure that English is this, although I did write poetry for decades, but it just stopped in my head.

It used to be an uncontrollable thing, where the words would enter my head and I'd have to write them down on whatever piece of paper was handy.

Nice thread Blush

• I wanted to study for a French degree but the teacher was awful and only covered half the A level syllabus which I only knew upon opening the exam paper.

I had a similar experience with my A level pure maths with statistics.  The first statistics teacher was awful, she only covered 25% of the syllabus and gave up.  Her replacement only covered 50% and gave up.  I systematically worked through the text books and got a grade  A.

• I systematically worked through the text books and got a grade  A.

Good for you.

Reply Children
No Data