covid booster?

Does anyone know what's happening with it?

I've tried to get to the bottom of it, looking all over including gov, but no definitive answers.

It seems like gov is hoping to kill some of us off again (like during the full pandemic), as it appears that the booster is only for over 65s, immunosuppressed, and frontline staff?

Any other health problems, like asthma etc, we appear not to be getting it?

I hear that US is offering it to all citizens, yet UK is hardly giving it to anyone and you can't get it privately either??? WTF? I'm sure they want to cull the herd again....??

Parents
  • A couple of weeks ago I got a message from my GP inviting me to book a covid booster.

I'm 62 so I don't qualify under the age rules and I have no other qualifying health issues as far as I'm aware. I did find a link to a gov website that said that people with learning disabilities would be offered it - and autism was mentioned as part of that - but I  manage perfectly ok and don't identify as having a learning difficulty).  I was only officially diagnosed autistic a few months back so maybe that's why I was offered the booster?

I did have my booster booked for this coming Wednesday however, I've had to cancel it - I got covid a 5 days ago. My symptoms aren't too bad. The first 2 days I felt quite poorly but now I just feel like I have a heavy cold. I'm avoiding people though as I don't want to pass it on. 

• Hi Inula, hope you feel better soon, worst of luck catching covid before you got a chance to get the latest jab, good that the symptoms have receded though. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how it's being done this time and the rules seem quite confusing. We never had that system here, walk-in centres, or being invited to book, we just got a phone call saying come in to such 'n such venue on a given day.

• We never had that system here, walk-in centres, or being invited to book, we just got a phone call saying come in to such 'n such venue on a given day.

If you don't mind me asking, where is that?

• ha, yeah, they'd be annoyed anyway if they were around as it was a cattle market! (scary grim place - I'll just have to go and throw up in a bucket, not really, yes really Nauseated face only joking)

• took place in a huge freezing cold cattle shed,

I bet the cows were annoyed with all those people crowding into their space!

• .....and there were signs up saying no photography allowed!

Reply Children
No Data