Stuff, and the stuff you keep the stuff in

I'm just wondering - what stuff do you collect?

We all have obsessions, right?

I've collected various things over the years...Doc Martens (many still pristine in their boxes), woolly jumpers, pottery, stationery - why are pens and paper so fascinating? I can never resist a pencil case...! (mmm, tactile!)

Cos there's the stuff right, and the stuff you keep the stuff in! *drool*

Parents
  • I'm with you on the stationary - I own a great collection of pens and pencils, some still in original boxes. I find the smell of old pens and pencils, and old things in general almost mesmerizing.

Something I collect and find fascinating is classic cars (I work on them as a hobby!) and I collect lots of classic car parts. I have a huge collection of car stuff, old workshop manuals, lights, seats, trim...

it drives my mum mad (no pun intended!) Sweat smile so long as I've got space I'll never stop collecting these odd fascinating bits and bobs. My most recent purchase was a Vauxhall Senator boot lid spoiler, now put to one side in the workshop! Smiley

• Nice!

That's the problem - space! I am bursting at the seams here. I really like handmade paper, chunky indian paper with bits of plants and bark in it, mmm delightful, I can really appreciate the time that's gone in to making it, yes the smell too - great!

What classic cars do you like? You absolutely need a ton of parts, right? God, I could talk about cars all day long. Don't want to assume, but I take it you have the Senator to go with the boot-lid spoiler...or is that on the radar for a future purchase? Grin

My dad loved classic motorbikes when he was alive, from his youth like Velocettes and Indians.

I wish I could get my hands on a late 60s Dodge Charger, imagine that... although you'd need to take out a second mortgage to fill the tank up these days (and insure it!).

• Space is a real issue isn't it? I need a bigger house, and a bigger workshop. Ah making paper by hand is awesome, I've never done it, but I've seen videos and it just blows my mind! There's a real art to it especially in the creations people then go on to do with the paper - I wish I was that talented! Have you done it? It's crazy how talented some people are!

My favourite classic is the Triumph Stag, truly a beautiful car and a lot of fun to work on. I used to work on my dad's when he had one, was an awesome car and had that tremendous grunt when driving! My mum drove a Vauxhall Calibra which she got the year I was born, but, she's now upgraded to a Vauxhall Adam... not sure if it was a good trade to be honest!

Yes I have a Senator, a nice black one with the big old 24 valve engine - it had a spoiler but when visiting my sister in Bristol a few weeks ago some kids (not her kids) actually ripped the spoiler off! It took a while but I found the replacement and now I've got it, ready to be painted and then fitted. Kids today! I would've thought they'd be in playing Xbox... not ripping off Senator spoilers!

I love old motorbikes! Do you have a favourite one? Mine is the Honda Goldwing. In the village we live in my neighbour used to have a white one and it had a trailer as well, looked incredible and it's been my favourite ever since I first saw it.

A 60s Dodge would be nice haha but running it would be soo expensive now! I couldn't believe how expensive it was driving to Bristol the other week - my wallet was in tears ha. I'm hoping the price of fuel will come down soon, crazy how much it is at the moment.

• Space is a real issue isn't it? I need a bigger house, and a bigger workshop. Ah making paper by hand is awesome, I've never done it, but I've seen videos and it just blows my mind! There's a real art to it especially in the creations people then go on to do with the paper - I wish I was that talented! Have you done it? It's crazy how talented some people are!

My favourite classic is the Triumph Stag, truly a beautiful car and a lot of fun to work on. I used to work on my dad's when he had one, was an awesome car and had that tremendous grunt when driving! My mum drove a Vauxhall Calibra which she got the year I was born, but, she's now upgraded to a Vauxhall Adam... not sure if it was a good trade to be honest!

Yes I have a Senator, a nice black one with the big old 24 valve engine - it had a spoiler but when visiting my sister in Bristol a few weeks ago some kids (not her kids) actually ripped the spoiler off! It took a while but I found the replacement and now I've got it, ready to be painted and then fitted. Kids today! I would've thought they'd be in playing Xbox... not ripping off Senator spoilers!

I love old motorbikes! Do you have a favourite one? Mine is the Honda Goldwing. In the village we live in my neighbour used to have a white one and it had a trailer as well, looked incredible and it's been my favourite ever since I first saw it.

A 60s Dodge would be nice haha but running it would be soo expensive now! I couldn't believe how expensive it was driving to Bristol the other week - my wallet was in tears ha. I'm hoping the price of fuel will come down soon, crazy how much it is at the moment.

Children
No Data