Stuff, and the stuff you keep the stuff in

I'm just wondering - what stuff do you collect?

We all have obsessions, right?

I've collected various things over the years...Doc Martens (many still pristine in their boxes), woolly jumpers, pottery, stationery - why are pens and paper so fascinating? I can never resist a pencil case...! (mmm, tactile!)

Cos there's the stuff right, and the stuff you keep the stuff in! *drool*

• you likely did yeah, Jellycat do loads of bunnies in every collection (spring/summer/autumn/winter), they are incredibly popular (the bunnies I mean - some people collect nothing but JC bunnies!)

• That's cool, but parting with some is not nice, must have been a wrench...I know what you mean re:money though Unamused

• The stuff I collect, to the untrained eye, probably doesn't look like a collection. The items are dispersed around the house. I think I also like to collect information,  which is stored in my head.

• My main collection is football shirts. I have rare ones from all over the world, especially from countries I'm particularly interested in like Germany and Hungary. 
    Unfortunatley I havnt been able to collect much lately as I have been very short of money and even had to sell some of my collection 

• I looked up what Jellycats are.

I may have got one, a Bunny toy for the family Grave on Mother's Day, back in March at Tebay (Northbound) when taking the coach and ferry home, from Manchester.

• Mostly Post-Punk/Indie.

• ahh, your dad sounds sweet, to my mind you can never have enough bags and pouches and containers, I also make my own bags out of all sorts of materials and wool!

• Im fed up of stuff around me. The less i have i feel better. I just want what i need. I mean how many bags does a person need? I give things away too and make stupid purchases. Money is like toy money to me 

• That's so interesting you don't collect things

I love collecting but I'm a bit of a hoarder and run out of space with a lot of stuff so my mum clears out my stuff lol 

I'm like a conveyer belt of collecting things xD 

• I am the opposite, I like to keep my possessions really sparse and not collect many things - I put this down to moving excessively and having to always be ready to pack my life up. 

My dad however is also autistic and his kink(!) is bags or containers - bags for bags to go into, pockets, zippers, pouches, areas, compartments. Going through an airport with him is a nightmare because he'll be in the baggage shop looking at little holders for holders. It's actually very sweet and harmless when I think about it. 

Anyway, I am happy you have your little obsessions, I think we should all have them :) 

• OMG no way that's so cool! :) 

You should never feel embarrassed about something you like and enjoy

I think it's really cool ^^ 

• Hey Goosey, I collect Jellycats - I was too embarrassed to mention them! And I give them all names!! Heart eyes Sshhh - don't tell anyone.....

• I collect Ty Beanie Babies ^^ 

And various other bears

• haha, I like your style Number!

• Sounds cool, any particular type of music? or a mix? so important music isn't it, in this life you need to eat, drink, sleep, and most importantly - have that music blasting!!

• I'm the type to need boxes to keep my spare boxes in.  I have a "bit of an issue.". T'was always thus and forever shall it be.

• Space is a real issue isn't it? I need a bigger house, and a bigger workshop. Ah making paper by hand is awesome, I've never done it, but I've seen videos and it just blows my mind! There's a real art to it especially in the creations people then go on to do with the paper - I wish I was that talented! Have you done it? It's crazy how talented some people are!

My favourite classic is the Triumph Stag, truly a beautiful car and a lot of fun to work on. I used to work on my dad's when he had one, was an awesome car and had that tremendous grunt when driving! My mum drove a Vauxhall Calibra which she got the year I was born, but, she's now upgraded to a Vauxhall Adam... not sure if it was a good trade to be honest!

Yes I have a Senator, a nice black one with the big old 24 valve engine - it had a spoiler but when visiting my sister in Bristol a few weeks ago some kids (not her kids) actually ripped the spoiler off! It took a while but I found the replacement and now I've got it, ready to be painted and then fitted. Kids today! I would've thought they'd be in playing Xbox... not ripping off Senator spoilers!

I love old motorbikes! Do you have a favourite one? Mine is the Honda Goldwing. In the village we live in my neighbour used to have a white one and it had a trailer as well, looked incredible and it's been my favourite ever since I first saw it.

A 60s Dodge would be nice haha but running it would be soo expensive now! I couldn't believe how expensive it was driving to Bristol the other week - my wallet was in tears ha. I'm hoping the price of fuel will come down soon, crazy how much it is at the moment.

• Nice!

That's the problem - space! I am bursting at the seams here. I really like handmade paper, chunky indian paper with bits of plants and bark in it, mmm delightful, I can really appreciate the time that's gone in to making it, yes the smell too - great!

What classic cars do you like? You absolutely need a ton of parts, right? God, I could talk about cars all day long. Don't want to assume, but I take it you have the Senator to go with the boot-lid spoiler...or is that on the radar for a future purchase? Grin

My dad loved classic motorbikes when he was alive, from his youth like Velocettes and Indians.

I wish I could get my hands on a late 60s Dodge Charger, imagine that... although you'd need to take out a second mortgage to fill the tank up these days (and insure it!).