Diagnosis help needed- no childhood evidence

Hi I am 37 and recently had my asd assessment. I'm waiting to hear back but was told it might come back inconclusive (despite them saying I showed obvious communication and social problems) because I don't have anyone from my childhood that they can interview. I do not have contact with my family (I went no contact a few years ago) and everyone else I know has known me from 16 onwards.

I have been trying to find any school reports/doctor reports with no luck.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do? I know I will be devastated if I can't get the diagnosis. 

My husband was interviewed as he has known me since I was 16 and known my family for nearly 20 years. He has had chats with family members who have spoke about my childhood traits that highly indicate autism. Would this be enough to tell the assessors?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Parents
  • I'm waiting to hear back but was told it might come back inconclusive (despite them saying I showed obvious communication and social problems) because I don't have anyone from my childhood that they can interview.

I'm surprised + perturbed by this.

My parents are both deceased and so there was only my own testament to rely on for my diagnosis at 60.

I do also remember my childhood quite well though.

Good luck!

• I'm waiting to hear back but was told it might come back inconclusive (despite them saying I showed obvious communication and social problems) because I don't have anyone from my childhood that they can interview.

I'm surprised + perturbed by this.

My parents are both deceased and so there was only my own testament to rely on for my diagnosis at 60.

I do also remember my childhood quite well though.

Good luck!

Children
No Data