Intelligence Vs Autism Spectrum

Hi, I just stumbled across this site and found myself reading the discussions which are very interesting. I set up a profile which you’re welcome to ignore because I don’t really know completely what I’m on about but these are the half unformed thoughts about myself and my life that I have been wondering about.

How do you know if you’re just above average intelligent/academic or on the autism spectrum? 

I might say something wrong while explaining this, I’m sorry if I have already, using wrong terms etc because I’m not deeply educated on it.

I’ve kind of been thinking isn’t it rational to shun socializing if you’re intelligent and not necessarily in an environment where you have connection with other intelligent people?.

Isn’t preferring objects to people rational for someone academic? Humans are quite silly and frivolous and unless you’re working at a top uni, not going to be highly intelligent. But does avoidance of them mean you’re arrogant or use your brain in a more productive way. Some people take drugs or drink so maybe they’re not going to be using their brain to its full capacity. 

So isn’t it just a survival instinct that if you’re clever, you’re going to prefer to be alone rather than settle for averagely intelligent humans, which might look like there’s something wrong.

Isn’t it a fact that we live in an unaesthetic, Capitalist, Consumerist driven world that often makes the man/woman made world quite ugly, full of fake advertising and trash. So isn’t avoiding all that sensory disingenuous junk again rational? 

Isn’t it rational to order the world around us, so isn’t keeping collections and cataloging the height of intelligence? 

Doesn’t it just mean that you’re a good person if you like rules and like them to be followed?

Isn’t the best way to get things done during the day to have a repetitious routine? And not liking it when undisciplined people come along and try and tear you from your strict routine, just because they’re lazy and lack focus and are addicted to frivolous hedonism. 

Might be utter junk coming out of my head, thank you 

Parents
  • My A-level results, degree, masters, etc all suggest I'm highly intelligent. In fact "oh you must be really clever" is an almost universal reaction when I tell people what I studied and where. But the more I come to understand myself, the more I think it's just that my special interests aligned with the subjects I was taking exams in at the time I was taking them. I didn't do well because I have some in-built genius (if that even exists) but because I would happily sit and do past papers for hours on end because I found it enjoyable and fun.

I'm not sure it's rational to completely shun socializing. There are plenty of interesting and intelligent people in the world, just have to find them. Sure, some time alone to sit with a head in your book is essential too.

• My A-level results, degree, masters, etc all suggest I'm highly intelligent. In fact "oh you must be really clever" is an almost universal reaction when I tell people what I studied and where. But the more I come to understand myself, the more I think it's just that my special interests aligned with the subjects I was taking exams in at the time I was taking them. I didn't do well because I have some in-built genius (if that even exists) but because I would happily sit and do past papers for hours on end because I found it enjoyable and fun.

I'm not sure it's rational to completely shun socializing. There are plenty of interesting and intelligent people in the world, just have to find them. Sure, some time alone to sit with a head in your book is essential too.

Children
  • I do think that inbuilt genius exists. But that it can sometimes only appear when there’s love there. I was c grade at maths and got treated a bit like I was useless and unacademic. But when I got to Uni and was writing about things I loved that was when I demonstrated the height of my academic ability. Passion combined with freedom to only research subjects I wanted to. 

I’ve decided today that I actually way prefer communicating with humans through the written word rather than spoken. I feel like it’s more intelligent. Maybe this is what I’ve been missing. I was having to do a lot of chit chat for my job and I think I find it unfulfilling. It feels like neither party comes out of it very well. Because conversation involves so much fakery and presence. So maybe it isn’t the humans I’ve been talking to that have been unintelligent maybe it was just the method that was unintelligent.