Hot Weather

The weather is going to be hot this week. It looks like I'll be getting about 27 degrees here, maybe 28 during midday times, if I'm unlucky. I'm working today as well Confused I'm so anxious about working and now I've got the heat to worry about and anxious in case I don't remember to drink as that's a problem for me. I'm surprised at this sudden increase in temperature after a much cooler August. I've got my hat and sunglasses, hoping I can hide under a tree with the children today.

Parents
  • It feels way cooler now ^^

No thunderstorms since yesterday afternoon yay

• It feels slightly cooler than yesterday I must admit.. Still got my fan blowing for a gentle breeze.. Give or take the next half hour the front door will be propped open to let the fresh air circulate hehe..

• Yeah it's cooler but the warmth in the air remains

The house feels hot still as well think it will take a day or 2 before the house cools after all that heat :)

• I find it really difficult at the moment.

I hope your sleeping well right now :) 

• It’s double-edged.

• I wish I could sleep for that long.. 9 hours is at best what I can achieve. Been a good long while since I slept for a good 12 hours haha

• Bipolar can certainly make it easier or more difficult to sleep. I sleep 12 hours when my mood is low but only 4 hours  when my mood is high.

• I think mine is to do with bipolar and my mental health...

Though not 100% sure of this. I might just be really weird :p 

Your room sounds really lovely and cosy ^^

I might do something like getting LEDs for my room that sounds really nice. A few years ago my dad put up Christmas lights in my room which was awesome:–) 

Thanks for the suggestion for my own bed routine I'll give this a try tonight and hopefully it will work :) 

• That is definitely true.. But I think to myself well I got two young children if I could change my life I may have lived a totally different life. Even though my life has sucked I would not change it in a heart beat with having two gorgeous children. Slight smile

• That's great that you're that accepting of yourself! 

I kinda hate being me, but the nightmares are just whatever. If I could magic wand aspects of myself, getting pleasant dreams wouldn't make the top 5. 

• Do you know why your sleep is not the best. See with me I don't believe it is anxiety related although I do suffer with a lot of anxiety. I find that evening and bedtime for me, I am in a good routine, head up to bed a few hours before going to sleep listening to music and it is actually quite peaceful with having my LED's on to make the room nice and cosy.

It is not good your anxiety affects your nightmares. Try going to bed a few hours before actually going to sleep. I find that helps me to relax. Just lying in bed staring out at the night sky.. no Phones or nothing just nice and calm relaxing listening to smooth Slight smile

• Many thanks for your response Tris. I spent almost 2 years where I am unable to recall my dreams what so ever. Then all of a sudden, these night mares came out of the blue. Yeah it is the same, I have got that used to them, it is like second nature to me now, I just see it as part and parcel of who I am and I kind of like the bloke I am so unfortunately I have to stick with these night mares. Although I do enjoy the pleasant dreams just as much Smiley

• I get a lot of nightmares but lately despite feeling super tired I'm not sleeping the best anyway

When I get nightmares I think it's related to anxiety

My anxiety affects me in a lot of ways including nightmares sadly.

• I wake up with nightmares at least once or twice a night. I think it's just my regular anxiety that gets unleashed a bit when there's no conscious mind to try and control it. And I heard that a medication I take can cause vivid dreams, so I guess that means vivid nightmares for me. 

It's been going on long enough that I can mostly ignore it and fall back asleep, so I'm usually not still freaking out by the time I get up in the morning. 

• Sorry to here that Robert. Does anyone else experience nightmares or night terrors? The reason why I am asking is I suffer from nightmares quite frequently.. I may have 1 or 2 nice dreams every month but that is rare to say the least.. I honestly thought it was just me with the way my mind operates. The nightmares I tend to have are virtual reality like make believe. 

• Aw I'm so sorry to hear that.

Offers hugs Hugging 

I sometimes get stress dreams can be very unpleasant 

Reply Children
No Data