Clinical Coding

Does anyone here have knowledge of this subject please? From what I can see after years of searching, there is no way of learning Clinical Coding without being employed in the field.  This is something I have struggled to engineering even though I have been on at least 3 appropriate interviews which were all for traineeships.  I am hitting 50 this year and feel as though I've tried so hard to self teach myself the bits of information that I can access, but all the courses I look at are all USA related and I don't want to teach myself the non-NHS way of doing this profession.

I am starting to feel like I have to pay privately for this education, even though there is no guarantee I will get a post with precious little experience.  I am also apprehensive of the amount of work I can see it entails, however, I am pretty sure that once I have mastered the core skills, I would really like this job.  Unfortunately, it the time it takes to learn - I cannot learn quick enough I don't think.  I know I will panic and run if I am put under a lot of pressure.  I don't have a diagnosis but I do show traits like needing time to process things.

When I first googled clinical coding, I thought I would be great at it as it seemed to be a fairly lonesome job and that is what I want - just a little contact with people to team build and let them know I am approachable just not for a long length of time.

Oh I do go on. apologies. I'm just wishing it would be easier...

best wishes all...

Jo

Parents Reply Children
No Data