Lost everything in the Lahaina fire.

Hi everyone. I have been away from the forum for a bit.

I was in the middle of the Lahaina Maui fire. 

Got out with just seconds to spare.

Lost everything,

I am rudderless, pitching an yawing in chippy waters.

This is very hard.

I've been placed in a hotel and the small room looks different everytime I come back to it;

the room service keeps moving things.

All my art supplies and work are burned up.

Sometimes I get a strong sense of euphoria, like there is nothing, I am nothing, all is nothing.

Parents
  • Sorry to hear if this trauma.

I am myself an artist and, my first thought (after the initial empathy for your situation) is of rebirth. I think of this as an opportunity to start over, to paint a new picture of what you want life to be. Taking the positive out if it by appreciating how fleeting life is, this has been spelt out for you in no uncertain terms.

I wish you luck and good fortune from here on out.

Start again, make work about it, process your emotions into new work that communicates these emotions, and make money from the sale of it

Best of luck

• Sorry to hear if this trauma.

I am myself an artist and, my first thought (after the initial empathy for your situation) is of rebirth. I think of this as an opportunity to start over, to paint a new picture of what you want life to be. Taking the positive out if it by appreciating how fleeting life is, this has been spelt out for you in no uncertain terms.

I wish you luck and good fortune from here on out.

Start again, make work about it, process your emotions into new work that communicates these emotions, and make money from the sale of it

Best of luck

Children
No Data