Autism and dating

I wish there was an autism dating website. I've tried online dating and it's been horrific so far! I feel like it would be better trying to date other autistic people but there don't seem to be any autism sites.

Sometimes I really want to be with someone but because of my autism and difficulties I feel like no one would want me. I've got a job now so I can at least provide for myself but so far everyone I've met online hasn't been very nice and understanding of my difficulties.

Parents
  • I've not dated before, I'd like to but last time because I didn't say a lot this man I liked called me a retard and that's since put me off.

I'm not beautiful but I hope I'm nice and kind. If I do date one day then he needs to like Depeche Mode and The Smiths lol Sweat smile 

• I've not dated before, I'd like to but last time because I didn't say a lot this man I liked called me a retard and that's since put me off.

I'm not beautiful but I hope I'm nice and kind. If I do date one day then he needs to like Depeche Mode and The Smiths lol Sweat smile 

Children
  • Agreed, he sounded a nasty piece of work, not deserving of someone like you so you did get a lucky escape there. Our own beauty and qualities, we often do not see them but others see and fall in love with them.

Oh and by the way, The Smiths rock! I hope you find a guy who treats you as you deserve to be treated. Don't give up on yourself.

• That man sounds truly unpleasant, so I'm inclined to think you had a lucky escape. It can be easy to allow bad experiences to put us off, but if and when you are ready to try dating again, just remember that not every man you meet will be as unkind as that one.

Also, there is more to beauty than what's on the outside.