Disabled Bus pass / Travel pass for autism

Has anyone managed to acquire a disabled bus pass for autism in absence of a learning disability? The pass caters for those who are visually and hearing impaired, those who struggle with walking and those with learning disabilities, but seems to rule out every other disability. 

Under the part that is most / somewhat applicable :

Eligibility criteria

Learning disabilities
The applicant has a learning disability that is “a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning”.

Impairment of social functioning applies, obviously.

Parents
  • I don't know anything about busses, don't use them, but I read you can get a discounted train pass if you have been awarded PIP. 

I am in the process of applying for PIP but have no idea if they will award it to me or not. 

The travel discount would be hugely useful as I do use the train a fair bit (when I can face it). 

Are their other schemes you can use if PIP fails? Would a diagnosis be enough? Mr Waaa where did you get the text from in your post? 

• I don't know anything about busses, don't use them, but I read you can get a discounted train pass if you have been awarded PIP. 

I am in the process of applying for PIP but have no idea if they will award it to me or not. 

The travel discount would be hugely useful as I do use the train a fair bit (when I can face it). 

Are their other schemes you can use if PIP fails? Would a diagnosis be enough? Mr Waaa where did you get the text from in your post? 

Children