Disabled Bus pass / Travel pass for autism

Has anyone managed to acquire a disabled bus pass for autism in absence of a learning disability? The pass caters for those who are visually and hearing impaired, those who struggle with walking and those with learning disabilities, but seems to rule out every other disability. 

Under the part that is most / somewhat applicable :

Eligibility criteria

Learning disabilities
The applicant has a learning disability that is “a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning”.

Impairment of social functioning applies, obviously.

• I like how you did that, thanks for the information.

• Well they do ask for a PIP-assessment with a certain mobility-score, but I did not have that score so it took a bit of negotiation, as I had to ask them to consider the MDT-report in line with ‘walking around’ and ‘planning a journey’ criteria. Ultimately, you need to establish a risk of harm to self and others, then you layer psychological-distress over that.  
    I did it by myself, I didn’t do it will stamps and registrations with other services, but I believe that the present of PIP weighed-heavily on the decision. I did it solely using the application and good use of a requested follow-up email..

I believe that it is best not to be dramatic but simply state your case as officially as possible, I understand that the word ‘overwhelming’ is not used in the description given so you should not use it, I believe the correct-term is ‘substantial’.. I hope this helps you to more-clearly identify your circumstances..:)

•  Did you need to get a stamp and signature from your local authority / social services learning disabilities officer? That is what the form is asking of me, I'm not registered with SServices. Did you have to specifically register?

Did you apply yourself or did someone apply on your behalf?

mines on the grounds of risk of harm whilst moving around, owning to lack of awareness, and the resultant psychological distress of living with that lack of awareness

Was this determined on a PIP assessment? I've something similar (overwhelming psychologic distress  [DWP report])

• TriS I think it's lovely you care so much but *** them, it's nobodies business why you need to use it! 

Lots of disabilities aren't visible. More power to you!

• I still have a little fear of others opinions in regards to my awarded resources, even though my head knows that people can’t take my condition and considerations away, my heart tells me that people will try

Me too. When I tap in I try to keep my freedom pass face down as much as possible because I worry that someone might think I'm leeching, or I've cheated to get it. Mine is because I take meds that would make it unsafe for me to drive though rather than the autism thing. 

It's never happened, but I've rehearsed in my head a hundred times what I would say if someone gave me the "Oi, you're not disabled, how come you're using a disabled pass?" thing

• I mean you can get the information from your local council website under Concessionary travel pass..

you could get attendance allowance or (I think) esa in place of pip, but you can appeal a pip fail..

• You’ll likely need to get pip before you apply for that stuff, it’s hugely helpful in decision making, I got the railcard and pip did help with the award..

• I don't know anything about busses, don't use them, but I read you can get a discounted train pass if you have been awarded PIP. 

I am in the process of applying for PIP but have no idea if they will award it to me or not. 

The travel discount would be hugely useful as I do use the train a fair bit (when I can face it). 

Are their other schemes you can use if PIP fails? Would a diagnosis be enough? Mr Waaa where did you get the text from in your post? 

• Bad luck. The spam thing catches me every now and then lol :p nightmare.

• I posted something but it hit flagged as spam again, so I’ll look to bump it tomorrow, they should remove the edit limiter.. one edit..

• I’ve not been diagnosed for a relatively long time, as such I’m still masking when it comes down to it, I am 28 and I have a pretty restrictive-diet so I don’t look unhealthy. I think in society people think that if you are to be given these resources, you have to prove it by looking-disabled, and on the face of it I don’t.

If you look at my history and the results and get to know me, you quickly realise that I am not okay and that I am masking and stressed and impaired, but they see what they want to see. I really want to let go of my mask and relax, but I’ve spent the whole of my life trying to look okay, even though I’m not okay.

I’ve been reluctant to get an Autism ID for that reason, which I suppose is reason enough to get one, I say I don’t owe NTs a reason, but really I’m just scared to hear their reasons and be discouraged.

I really want to get along, and I really want to have a fulfilling life, so I push forward on that basis. I don’t want to get an acceptable-level, I want to be able to achieve my life-goals, if social-resources are getting me past obstacles, then I need those.. but the way I’ve developed as a ‘subpar NT’ is definitely hindering me..Sweat smile

• I hope it helps you. Do you have an autism id card or badge? I've got one but feel self conscious when I wear it.

I don't get out as much now. Partly anxiety and partly because I'm so tired.

I like buses though, not many people ride them here which is good.

• I still have a little fear of others opinions in regards to my awarded resources, even though my head knows that people can’t take my condition and considerations away, my heart tells me that people will try..

• Yeah mines on the grounds of risk of harm whilst moving around, owning to lack of awareness, and the resultant psychological distress of living with that lack of awareness without intellectual impairment..

• Me too.

In public I'm more less mute especially on public transport so it is a really handy asset for me.

• My daughter has managed to get a disabled bus pass and uses it daily. She applied for it herself. It does rule out all other disabilities, I agree but I know that on bad days she struggles to communicate verbally so would not be able to ask for a bus ticket so this is amazing to have. She does lack social skills aswell. I think she only managed to get this pass because of her scores on her PIP. She got more than 8 points for moving around. I would certainly try your luck with it and apply for it like everyday is a bad day, not your average day. 

I hope this makes sense and helps.