Outside-the-Box Income Generation

I resigned myself to the fact that I could NEVER hold down a regular job; which would provide a decent wage.

I might resurrect the idea of doing a Podcast. But what to talk about? I'm a Polymath, so tons of s**t interests me.

Parents
  • Desmond,

I rejected the concept of a "normal" job being viable for a character like mine after about 3 years of trying a couple of that type.  I haven't had a "job" since 1999.

I'm always working though....sometimes paid...often not.  I'm like a shark needing to swim...I need to work.  I can only do things that interest me, and for people who don't appall me.

I get by.  I am blessed to find enough people, and enough interesting stuff, to keep my head above the sewage.

My strengths are mighty......as are my weaknesses.  I have to get all my "dials" right and have people willing to "bear with me" whilst I fight a demon or two and twiddle with those dials.  It is interesting to me who can extend me that courtesy.....and why they are bothered to do so.

A podcast is a fair idea for keeping yourself occupied, although I fear that - ultimately - you and your personality then become a commodity.  I would worry of casting pearls etc.

In terms of what you could do on that podcast (as a polymath)....well there's the rub!  What indeed!  There is beauty and interest to be had from disjointed and random splatterings of knowledge...but that's just my opinion..and it doesn't seem to be shared!

If you do make it big on the influencer scene, I do hope you will keep in touch with us mortals at NAS.

Happy Sunday mate.

Number.

• Desmond,

I rejected the concept of a "normal" job being viable for a character like mine after about 3 years of trying a couple of that type.  I haven't had a "job" since 1999.

I'm always working though....sometimes paid...often not.  I'm like a shark needing to swim...I need to work.  I can only do things that interest me, and for people who don't appall me.

I get by.  I am blessed to find enough people, and enough interesting stuff, to keep my head above the sewage.

My strengths are mighty......as are my weaknesses.  I have to get all my "dials" right and have people willing to "bear with me" whilst I fight a demon or two and twiddle with those dials.  It is interesting to me who can extend me that courtesy.....and why they are bothered to do so.

A podcast is a fair idea for keeping yourself occupied, although I fear that - ultimately - you and your personality then become a commodity.  I would worry of casting pearls etc.

In terms of what you could do on that podcast (as a polymath)....well there's the rub!  What indeed!  There is beauty and interest to be had from disjointed and random splatterings of knowledge...but that's just my opinion..and it doesn't seem to be shared!

If you do make it big on the influencer scene, I do hope you will keep in touch with us mortals at NAS.

Happy Sunday mate.

Number.

Children
  • When I read things like this I am mystified, how do you survive without work? If I stopped working now I'd be homeless in two months

•   I'm like a shark needing to swim...I need to work.  I can only do things that interest me, and for people who don't appall me.

I am in total empathy with that comment. Although I've been regularly employed with a variety of jobs,and a  few with large corporations before eventually working for myself to step out of that rat race. I have never been a team player. I've been fortunate to find positions I was able to fulfill on a solitary basis. I never fitted in with an "in crowd" having been used to being treated as the "odd one". As long as I was able to be productive to my superiors satisfaction all went well until some smart-***/ass --- every crowd has one --- decides to "shake my tree" That's when things turn nasty. I'm 6' tall and weigh 17 stone, and don't trolerate any of that sort of unnecessary nonsense. I will say no more in that regard. 

My interests ar wide but short, sharp. to the point, as I get easily bored, unless my attention is grabbed requiring undivided focus. I abhor influencers. To my experience they are usually obnoxious, egocentric, aggressive types who are to be avoided. That may be just my own bad luck to have met such types. Perhaps they gravitate to me viewing me as some sort of challenge?

I find social networking very false, and petty which is why I do not participate. I view podcasting as part of that unless a recognised professional has something to say --- then I listen!  My comments are not meant to discourage. I only add them as part of the rich tapestry of viewpoints. If persueing that game is anyones "bag" go for it. My minority opinion is just that and should be taken with a pinch of salt so good luck and God speed in your persuit of whatever it is you may think you are persuing.