A giggle a day keeps the doctor away

Hopefully.

So, I've been feeling fed-up today, partly due to Rule 13, but other things, and made me giggle.

Perhaps others might be in need of cheering up?

If you have anything funny to recount, even a joke, please post here.

Here's one of mine.

I was on holiday with a friend, on a ship to Spain from Portsmouth.

We were on deck listening to a man giving a talk about dolphins. 

He told us how we might, at certain times, see dolphins over the side of the ship.

We were standing on one side of the ship at the time.

One of the other travellers then asked the man: 'might we see dolphins from both sides of the ship?'

Blush

Parents
  • I think I need to do more giggling. I seem to be surrounded by doctors.

Here’s one I often think about that brings a smile to my face. My brother and I were tasked to get a Christmas tree as our dad was too busy with his construction business. So we took his Landrover and went to chop a tree, or rather my brother did and I stood and watched. Lol. Anyway, he chopped the tree and it fell so he jumped back, screaming like a girl and the tree fell on the roof of the Landrover denting it considerably. I fell over laughing. I laughed so hard it actually hurt my lungs and heart. He was really red in the face and still screaming. One of the most funny Christmas’s I’ve ever had.

Unsurprisingly our Dad didn’t find it as funny as I did.

Another was during a fishing trip (extremely boring IMHO) I was told a fish was finally on the line and I moved so fast to look that I rocked the boat and fell in the water. I expected myself to be really angry but actually I found it hilarious and was in the water just laughing. That one always makes me smile.

And one of my faves that my sister told me about was when a man rudely pushed her aside and she actually fell and it broke her watch. So she followed after him saying excuse me to try and get his attention but he didn’t look back and kept ignoring him so she pulled his ponytail to stop him and as she did it turned out to be part of his wig and it came off in her hand. LOL! This really happened and apparently everyone just burst into laughter. The man snatched it back and ran off. My sisters watch was sadly broken and she never got the chance to tell him about it because she was laughing. But she said it was worth it just for that.

• Those are very funny stories.

Thank you for sharing them Blush

Reply Children
No Data