A giggle a day keeps the doctor away

Hopefully.

So, I've been feeling fed-up today, partly due to Rule 13, but other things, and made me giggle.

Perhaps others might be in need of cheering up?

If you have anything funny to recount, even a joke, please post here.

Here's one of mine.

I was on holiday with a friend, on a ship to Spain from Portsmouth.

We were on deck listening to a man giving a talk about dolphins. 

He told us how we might, at certain times, see dolphins over the side of the ship.

We were standing on one side of the ship at the time.

One of the other travellers then asked the man: 'might we see dolphins from both sides of the ship?'

Blush

Parents
  • I'm not sure if others will find this amusing, but the memories continue to make me smile...

My dad had been a volunteer with a litter-picking group, and they would often sing the Heigh-Ho song from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs ("Heigh-Ho Heigh-Ho, it's off to work we go...").

When we were arranging the funeral service for my dad after his death, my mother mentioned this to the celebrant. As we had told the Celebrant about my dad's sense of humour, she came up with a suggestion that we knew my dad would have found hilarious. I feel it's important to mention that we wanted the funeral service to reflect my dad's personality, and leave people feeling uplifted.

So, we are nearing the end of the funeral service, and the Celebrant announces that 99 Red Balloons by Nena will be played. My mother, son, and I knew what was coming, but nobody else did. Heigh-Ho suddenly starts playing, before it is then abruptly stopped, and 99 Red Balloons starts playing.

Yes, we had played a prank. My dad loved a good farce, so would have found it amusing that our family and friends might have been left thinking that his funeral service hadn't gone quite to plan. For the record, we did explain to everyone later that the song blunder had been staged.

• You are always on Our mind.......

• Who is 'Our'? Sorry, but it's not clear what you mean by that. Muchly confused.

• Er, thanks... I think. Confused

Not sure if this you being serious, or you joking.

Reply Children
No Data