Cure for digestive diseases?

I have had a diagnosis and struggles with Crohn's/Colitis for over 10 years.

After researching every research study I ever come across and transitioned to the ZOE diet plan launched by Dr Tim Spectre from king's college, I have found better health. Although I still have flare ups.

Recently I have made a subtle but fundamental change to how I eat after listening to this podcast:

open.spotify.com/.../5lOxcC9H7ygwbYAWUNxYWN

..as well as changing the order I eat food in by taking the advice of this nutritional expert:

https://youtu.be/DnEJrgc1BCk

...and I think I've found the root cause of IBD & perhaps even cancer...

CHEMICALS in food!

I now don't buy ANY FOODS that contain chemicals (emulsiphyers, stabilisers, pectins, etc etc). Only eat whole foods.

Even whole beans in tins have chemicals in surprisingly.

In the entire bread isle at Sainsbury's there was one bread, a pack of tortilla, that didn't have chemicals or preservatives in! It's mad.

My wife to be is a food professional and is part of this work. So it comes from a trusted source.

I hope this might help others in the same situation as I know we in the spectrum have a very night rate of IBD

Parents
  • Chemicals can be a cause of cancer but so can many other things from smoking, inhaling fumes and toxins, to too much uv from the sun on the skin or if you're unlucky it just happens.

In some instances it's in your family genes for some reason which gives you an increased chance of getting cancer, the Nolans family is a good example here, but you may not get it. 

Sometimes for whatever reason it just happens. But when it does your diet isn't going to stop your cells reproducing which is what cancer is and does. If you've got it definitely seek medical assistance. If your diet is bad then definitely improve it but don't rely on that to cure you.

• Chemicals can be a cause of cancer but so can many other things from smoking, inhaling fumes and toxins, to too much uv from the sun on the skin or if you're unlucky it just happens.

In some instances it's in your family genes for some reason which gives you an increased chance of getting cancer, the Nolans family is a good example here, but you may not get it. 

Sometimes for whatever reason it just happens. But when it does your diet isn't going to stop your cells reproducing which is what cancer is and does. If you've got it definitely seek medical assistance. If your diet is bad then definitely improve it but don't rely on that to cure you.

Children
  • I would argue most of what you describe as the cause hear are chemical based causes with the acception of the sun damage to skin

But I'm also suggesting that these all cause inflammational damage which then leads to cancer.

So my suggestions on diet are ultimately about avoiding substances that cause inflammation in the body and lead to it worsening, so my points still stand

• But when it does your diet isn't going to stop your cells reproducing which is what cancer is and does. If you've got it definitely seek medical assistance. If your diet is bad then definitely improve it but don't rely on that to cure you

Absolutely!