Parents
  • I would be inclined to disclose only after having been offered the job, or possibly after any probation period. Very few people in the world at large have any accurate knowledge of autism, and are likely to be prejudiced against autists through knowing only stereotypical media portrayals of the condition. As discrimination on the grounds of disability is illegal, disabled job applicants are not obliged to declare their disability - if it is not immediately visible.

• I would be inclined to disclose only after having been offered the job, or possibly after any probation period. Very few people in the world at large have any accurate knowledge of autism, and are likely to be prejudiced against autists through knowing only stereotypical media portrayals of the condition. As discrimination on the grounds of disability is illegal, disabled job applicants are not obliged to declare their disability - if it is not immediately visible.

Children
  • I would be inclined to disclose only after having been offered the job, or possibly after any probation period.

I agree to not disclose it at interview stage, but I think it more important to disclose it on the formal application as it may look like you were intentionally concealing the condition in order to get the job. It isn't illegal but may cause some bad feeling with management.

Do you need the company to make adjustments to the workplace or your way of working to allow your symptoms to be manageable?

If yes - then disclose it up front and in the interview.

If no - there is no real benefit to be gained so no need to disclose if you are uncomfortable with it.