Life is hard

I find life as an adult on the spectrum extremely difficult.

It doesn't help that there's no support for adults. Go for support and then they set mental health services on you.

I wish there was proper support out there for autism.

I wish life was easier.

Parents
  • I agree Katy, life is really tough some days. The only 'help' the doctors seem to want to give is antidepressants or social prescribing like go to the gym or join a park run (because that is exactly what someone with social difficulties, low energy and possibly co-ordination issues needs when they are already feeling rubbish about themselves!).

In my experience mental health services are really rubbish at helping anyone who is autistic.

I wish I had some answers for you or positive words but sadly I don't, just empathy and understanding of your struggle. 

• I agree Katy, life is really tough some days. The only 'help' the doctors seem to want to give is antidepressants or social prescribing like go to the gym or join a park run (because that is exactly what someone with social difficulties, low energy and possibly co-ordination issues needs when they are already feeling rubbish about themselves!).

In my experience mental health services are really rubbish at helping anyone who is autistic.

I wish I had some answers for you or positive words but sadly I don't, just empathy and understanding of your struggle. 

Children
No Data