Pre-assessment?

Last year I was placed on the waiting list for an assessment. I was told this waiting list could be up to two years. 

Last month I had a phone call where they invited me to a pre-assessment. This is next week. 

Can anyone please shed some light on what may take place during this pre-assessment? 

I am starting to worry because I am not prepared. I find it extremely difficult to answer questions unless I have prepared my answers in advance so I’d like to try and have something prepared if possible. Otherwise I can panic and just don’t know what to say. 

I am also feeling anxious because of the unknown. 

I did ask the lady on the phone. I remember her saying that I didn’t need to do any questionnaires because the letter I gave my GP was so detailed (I listed my struggles). But she said a lot during the call so I couldn’t take it all in.

I am 31 year old female if that makes any difference. 

Thank you!

Parents
  • I did my pre-assessment a couple of months ago and am waiting for the 'main event' (I'm 45 female). The MH Nurse basically gave me a list of questions prior to this, to take away that were mainly to do with my family history and own childhood. I'd already been through the tonne of 'issues' at my first appointment thinking it was all down to anxiety like I'd been told my whole life. 

• I did my pre-assessment a couple of months ago and am waiting for the 'main event' (I'm 45 female). The MH Nurse basically gave me a list of questions prior to this, to take away that were mainly to do with my family history and own childhood. I'd already been through the tonne of 'issues' at my first appointment thinking it was all down to anxiety like I'd been told my whole life. 

Children
No Data