fire alarm going off

Good morning

Was fast asleep until the fire alarm went off around 3.30am and couldn't get back to sleep.

I was feeling anxious as thought had to get out. Does anyone feel the same?

In my former workplace used to have a fire alarm test. Really annoying when a bully said we are all going to burn. Also leaving the door open. One person usually forget to sign in.

Never seen one at other businesses doing a fire alarm test.

Scream

Parents
  • Fire alarms aren't a nice thing to experience even if there isn't actually a fire. It's so loud and can be overwhelming especially if you happen to be sensitive to sound.

I can remember at school dreading a fire alarm test because I knew how anxious and triggered it would make me. After the event I was exhausted, still jumpy and often had a meltdown. Because I got in such a state I was usually sent home. Lucky I had an understanding school I guess.

I worked as a PA in an business complex and they did fire drills which always frightened the life out of me.

• Fire alarms aren't a nice thing to experience even if there isn't actually a fire. It's so loud and can be overwhelming especially if you happen to be sensitive to sound.

I can remember at school dreading a fire alarm test because I knew how anxious and triggered it would make me. After the event I was exhausted, still jumpy and often had a meltdown. Because I got in such a state I was usually sent home. Lucky I had an understanding school I guess.

I worked as a PA in an business complex and they did fire drills which always frightened the life out of me.

Children