Feel utterly defeated

Feel utterley defeated

Started a new job, first time Ive really felt like I was getting over my burnout and getting some confidence back to get back out socially again and try and make a success of myself

Declared my autism for a job for the first time ever. Went through the Occupational Health Assesment. Got my Reasonable Adjustment requests. 
My boss has literally done the opposite of all my reasonable adjustments since I started the job, to the point where I have been denied things that are in my reasonable adjustments even if non autistic staff have them

Put up with it all. Learned, studied, taught myself company computer systems. Only to find that no one had told me how they calculate pay and it was about half what I thought it was going to be. Honestly 4 days a week 8 hours a day for £600 a month? How? I have a family to support. Thankfully we have UC but this job has now put that in jepordy. 

Sent endless complicated calculations by HR to show how they have paid me, honestly I doubt even Einstein could figure it out yet the more I tell them I dont understand it the more they email me

Just feel like I did everything right with this job, I played the "normals" game like I was supposed to, did everything I was supposed to do to make a success in the NT world and get even more shafted than I usually do

What is the bloody point of trying to play by the worlds rules if they keep changing the rules half way through

Parents
  • I dont know how old you are...

What is the UK Minimum Wage for 2023? As of 1 April, 2023, the UK minimum wage has increased. As of this moment, the National Living Wage will consist of an hourly rate of £10.42. Additionally, the rate for 21-22 year olds will be £10.18, for 18-20 year olds £7.49 and for 16-17 year olds it will be £5.28.

• Yes that is true but its calculated in such a way that they minus the wages I would have earned over the summer holidays off my wage so Im almost losing more than im earning if that makes sense

None of this was properly explained to me before I started

• They deduct what you would have earned? Doesn't even make sense and zip never heard of such a thing.

Were you working for them over the summer holidays? 

I smell a rat in their behaviour.

• No the summer holidays havnt happened yet so they are basically deducting the money I would have earned over the coming summer if I had worked it

Its very dishonest but technically legal

Reply Children
No Data