Feel utterly defeated

Feel utterley defeated

Started a new job, first time Ive really felt like I was getting over my burnout and getting some confidence back to get back out socially again and try and make a success of myself

Declared my autism for a job for the first time ever. Went through the Occupational Health Assesment. Got my Reasonable Adjustment requests. 
My boss has literally done the opposite of all my reasonable adjustments since I started the job, to the point where I have been denied things that are in my reasonable adjustments even if non autistic staff have them

Put up with it all. Learned, studied, taught myself company computer systems. Only to find that no one had told me how they calculate pay and it was about half what I thought it was going to be. Honestly 4 days a week 8 hours a day for £600 a month? How? I have a family to support. Thankfully we have UC but this job has now put that in jepordy. 

Sent endless complicated calculations by HR to show how they have paid me, honestly I doubt even Einstein could figure it out yet the more I tell them I dont understand it the more they email me

Just feel like I did everything right with this job, I played the "normals" game like I was supposed to, did everything I was supposed to do to make a success in the NT world and get even more shafted than I usually do

What is the bloody point of trying to play by the worlds rules if they keep changing the rules half way through

Parents
  • Sorry it's been such a rough time for you Billy, I really hope that with some kind of union advocacy on your side you can get at least some of the reasonable adjustments made. The pay situation sounds horrendous, I'm surprised they can get away with that kind of sleight of hand. All very demoralising, and as you say when you've jumped through the hoops of 'normalcy' to the best of yuor ability, it must feel almost wilfully cruel (except that it will of course just be employer apathy about anything to assist your quality of life, not something vindictive but might as well be). I really hope things improve, you deserve better treatment that this Billy - goes without saying. Hopefully venting a bit is therapeutic for now even as the issues remain in play. 

• Sorry it's been such a rough time for you Billy, I really hope that with some kind of union advocacy on your side you can get at least some of the reasonable adjustments made. The pay situation sounds horrendous, I'm surprised they can get away with that kind of sleight of hand. All very demoralising, and as you say when you've jumped through the hoops of 'normalcy' to the best of yuor ability, it must feel almost wilfully cruel (except that it will of course just be employer apathy about anything to assist your quality of life, not something vindictive but might as well be). I really hope things improve, you deserve better treatment that this Billy - goes without saying. Hopefully venting a bit is therapeutic for now even as the issues remain in play. 

Children
  • All very demoralising, and as you say when you've jumped through the hoops of 'normalcy' to the best of yuor ability, it must feel almost wilfully cruel (except that it will of course just be employer apathy about anything to assist your quality of life, not something vindictive but might as well be)

This is so true, exactly how I feel

Unions worse than useless. Called them up and all they seemed intrested in was going through my earnings to make sure I was paying them the right membership fees. Then when theyd done all that they told me they couldnt help me beacuse the problem started less than 4 weeks after I joined the union. apparently thats a rule in the small print that they dont advertise. I have long suspected that, post Thatcher, unions have become a big con and this is confirmation

Thank you, It does help to vent on here and certainly helps to talk to people who understand