Feel utterly defeated

Feel utterley defeated

Started a new job, first time Ive really felt like I was getting over my burnout and getting some confidence back to get back out socially again and try and make a success of myself

Declared my autism for a job for the first time ever. Went through the Occupational Health Assesment. Got my Reasonable Adjustment requests. 
My boss has literally done the opposite of all my reasonable adjustments since I started the job, to the point where I have been denied things that are in my reasonable adjustments even if non autistic staff have them

Put up with it all. Learned, studied, taught myself company computer systems. Only to find that no one had told me how they calculate pay and it was about half what I thought it was going to be. Honestly 4 days a week 8 hours a day for £600 a month? How? I have a family to support. Thankfully we have UC but this job has now put that in jepordy. 

Sent endless complicated calculations by HR to show how they have paid me, honestly I doubt even Einstein could figure it out yet the more I tell them I dont understand it the more they email me

Just feel like I did everything right with this job, I played the "normals" game like I was supposed to, did everything I was supposed to do to make a success in the NT world and get even more shafted than I usually do

What is the bloody point of trying to play by the worlds rules if they keep changing the rules half way through

Parents
  • If you haven't already, join a union. They are on your side and will help. There should already be a rep at your place but if not, as a starting point, look at the NEU and contact your local offices. They will be able to find you a rep.

• Sadly they dont help if the problems start before you become a member

Even unision, which I joined before starting this job, wont help me. I called them up and they told me they have a rule in the small print that you have to be a member for 4 weeks before any problems start for them to help you. I joined the week before I started my job

• Sadly they dont help if the problems start before you become a member

Even unision, which I joined before starting this job, wont help me. I called them up and they told me they have a rule in the small print that you have to be a member for 4 weeks before any problems start for them to help you. I joined the week before I started my job

Children
No Data