Sensory adventures

Do you enjoy stimulating one of your senses more than other ones?. Which one and how do you do that?

I enjoy tasting things. As a child I remember tasting soil and mixing it with chocolate and biscuits ext. As an adult I'd taste almost anything, it could be leaves or round colourful things from the trees, flowers, wood or chemicals. If it's possibly dangerous or not chewable, then I'd give it at least a lick. Tasting is such an adventure for me that I really enjoy. I remember it was one of the best parts of visiting the botanical garden.

Please share with me your sensory adventures Smiley

Parents
  • Sounds for me. I can listen to instrumental music, listen to rain falling, trains going along the tracks.

They give me a joyful tingle that makes me feel amazing and happy.

I'll normally have my headphones in, even when I'm out, and I'll be listening to something that is both calming and joyful to me.

• Sounds great. I'd say that for sounds I also prefer "nothing" hehe silence generally is my favourite sound but the sound of sea waves, rain or leaves of trees when it's windy are just amazing and extremely calming.

Having headphones when out? Can they actually make a sound loud enough cover the loudness of city streets ? I tried that and then I realised that I should listen to very loud music/sounds to cover the noise of engines everywhere, so loud that it would make me angry Smiley so it didn't work for me 

• I have this issue too. So I listen to earphones for the back streets where it’s quiet then sometimes take them out for the busy roads. Though the right sort of podcast, turned up against said roar doesn’t hurt the ears too badly, so I do preserver at other times. 

But sometimes you just need to hear the birds sing and the breeze blow through the leaves and whatnot. Natures music innit 

• I have this issue too. So I listen to earphones for the back streets where it’s quiet then sometimes take them out for the busy roads. Though the right sort of podcast, turned up against said roar doesn’t hurt the ears too badly, so I do preserver at other times. 

But sometimes you just need to hear the birds sing and the breeze blow through the leaves and whatnot. Natures music innit 

Children
No Data