How are you repetitive?

I'm repetitive in the following ways

I wear the same clothes (bought extra of everything).

I wash my hands every ten minutes, to the dot. Never a minute early never a minute late. Started this at school.

I can watch the same film over and over. I know most of the lines, know what's coming but I never get tired of it.

Listen to the same songs and singers every day, usually in the same order.

Read the same books over and over.

Eat the same foods and drink the same drinks.

When I go for a walk I always go the same way each time. Prefer to follow route that I'm familiar with.

Parents
  • I've realized that the more I think about this question the more I realise other things that I'm repetitive in!!. I'm sort of surprised myself. Added to the top list, I have a morning and evening cream routine. Once i wake up, I drink lots of water because I know that I'll forget about it for the rest of the day. I also wonder, isn't repetitiveness a part of every human life?. in different degrees of course among people, but almost every person I could think of is somehow repetitive in some way??.

• I guess it's most people are a little repetitive but we sort of live our lives by repetition, too much supposedly but it makes us, well us. 

Interesting point though. Thanks for sharing :) 

Reply Children
  • Yeah. I'm wondering what's "too much". Many people go to work and get out from work at the same time. Meaning they wake up at the same time, sleep probably at the same time everyday too. After work they have certain amount of energy so they are limited with what they can do in the evening. Most of them have Saturday and Sunday as weekend when they tend to do stuff they like, every weekend. I'm confused about routine and repetitiveness because lots of people live in them. I personally can't stick to the routine that I described above, just impossible because everyday I have different level of energy and I can't predict it or control it. Other NTs seem to be able to stick to some routines, like this one, more than I can!. Don't all people have their favourite things to do and like to do, redo and redo again? ... I'm very confused about where's the line of too much?. I know NTs who watch dozens of cat videos everyday. I have a favourite show on YouTube that I keep repeating too!. Very confusing.