Private Assessment

Hello everyone, 

I've been on this forum before but it's been a while. To cut a long story short. I'm on a NHS waiting list and it's been nearly a year now on the list and there's no sign anytime soon that the assessment will happen. I will probably have grey hair before it happens...just to lighten the mood!

Therefore, I'm looking at private assessments and could really do with any recommendations about good private providers.

I'm based in Cardiff  and I much prefer having a face to face assessment. I'd need persuading to do one online. 

Thanks in advance. 

Parents
  • Thank you everyone who has responded to this post. I'm really grateful for the suggestions that you have provided. I will add these to my research. 

I'm currently looking at three possible options from an original total of 5 that I found as well - MIND Professionals, Autside and The Autism Service. They all charge around the £2,000 mark. I ruled out two of them because of location and suitability. 

Autside came with the recommendation of an individual working with NAS Cymru. 

There are two ways to look at it I suppose. One way is to say yes it is expensive but I can afford it myself if I need to but also £2,000 means you are more likely to be getting what you paid for. Therefore, I got to weigh these up.

Also if all three different providers charge around the same amount for an autism assessment it increases the appear reliability of the service. Without going into lots of detail all of them use the same diagnostic tools and all offer face to face at least for one appointment. 

If anyone has any experience of the providers mentioned I'd be grateful for any feedback. 

I have been asking lots of questions of each of them. This has ranged from whether the clinicians/practitioners are qualified and registered with a professional body to asking about the diagnostic tools that they use. 

• Thank you everyone who has responded to this post. I'm really grateful for the suggestions that you have provided. I will add these to my research. 

I'm currently looking at three possible options from an original total of 5 that I found as well - MIND Professionals, Autside and The Autism Service. They all charge around the £2,000 mark. I ruled out two of them because of location and suitability. 

Autside came with the recommendation of an individual working with NAS Cymru. 

There are two ways to look at it I suppose. One way is to say yes it is expensive but I can afford it myself if I need to but also £2,000 means you are more likely to be getting what you paid for. Therefore, I got to weigh these up.

Also if all three different providers charge around the same amount for an autism assessment it increases the appear reliability of the service. Without going into lots of detail all of them use the same diagnostic tools and all offer face to face at least for one appointment. 

If anyone has any experience of the providers mentioned I'd be grateful for any feedback. 

I have been asking lots of questions of each of them. This has ranged from whether the clinicians/practitioners are qualified and registered with a professional body to asking about the diagnostic tools that they use. 

Children
No Data