Housing Stress!

I'm so confused about housing RN.

I'm a 26yr old woman with a diagnosis of asd. I get ESA benefits but have no idea how to get a home and cope on my own. I don't know how I would pay rent, buy food, cope...

I'm signed off from work and have been for over 10 years. I want to work but each time I try I fall to pieces. 

My mental health issues have landed me in hospital numerous times. I've got my family but I want to be able to cope on my own and have my own place, preferably before anything happens to my parents. 

Can my GP help me with housing and coping on my own?

I read that it's the council that do housing but I've no idea what I'm doing. 

There's so much pressure on me doing this and it has to be done before anything happens to mum and dad or I'll not cope.

I've tried explaining to my parents but they say I'm worrying too much. They don't understand how important it is I do this. 

Parents
  • Hi precious , I think you could kick things off by speaking to your local council , they can help pay your rent whilst you are not working .

I think the government puts too much pressure on people to work .

Take one step at a time , speak to the council first and then see what your options are from there 

Also as petitepip says it might be worth speaking to citerzons advice as they will have much more information about housing than us .

• Hi precious , I think you could kick things off by speaking to your local council , they can help pay your rent whilst you are not working .

I think the government puts too much pressure on people to work .

Take one step at a time , speak to the council first and then see what your options are from there 

Also as petitepip says it might be worth speaking to citerzons advice as they will have much more information about housing than us .

Children
No Data